As a member of the AKQA Client Services department you will influence changes in consumer behaviour through ideas, creativity and the use of interactive media. You will make a difference to digital communications, marketing, advertising and inspire the best global brands.
A champion for product excellence and enduring client relationships, the AKQA Account Director is a highly organised and credible leader. You will nurture senior client relationships founded on shared values and aspirations. Motivated by work that makes a meaningful and sustained impact, you are passionate about our clients’ businesses, industry best practice and state-of-the-art techniques
Located next to good transport links in the heart of Tokyo, at AKQA you will work in an environment which fosters a meritocratic culture and encourages ownership, and you will be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their field.
- Revenue growth responsibility. Meets and exceeds profitability targets. Responsible for all aspects of monthly financial process of account, e.g. accurate forecasting to within 10%, revenue recognition and billing. Proven ability to reduce number of unbilled hours on account.
- Identifies, pursues and converts opportunities for AKQA.
- Responds to RFPs from existing clients. Coordinates the proposal process. Works closely with strategy on deliverables or to identify further opportunities for clients.
- Understands client health, identify opportunities and dependencies from one project to another.
- Builds and maintains a deep and mutually beneficial client relationship with senior, board-level clients. Engages with clients for sale and delivery of projects.
- Successfully manages multiple suppliers, partners and customers to ensure the best outcome for both customer and AKQA.
- Develops a deep understanding of client’s business environment and consumers.
- Positive team satisfaction and team development. Retention and motivation of high quality account team.
- Constantly strives to improve processes and procedures.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Extensive account management experience at a leading digital agency, professional services firm or similar organisation.
- Excellent understanding of the digital arena and how new developments can be exploited to add value to a client’s business.
- Successful track record of building exceptional client relationships; necessary capability, presence and professionalism to inspire confidence and credibility with clients and colleagues.
- Line management experience.
- Passionate about digital landscape and its impact on society. Is at the forefront of new thinking, and engages others through the communication of innovative digital ideas.
- Knowledge of the Japanese market and Japanese language.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.