New York, NY
AKQA's objective has never been to be "bigger" than anyone else. Just better. Whether it's the ideas we generate or our world-class implementations, this objective makes us focus on what's important: the quality of our solutions. We want the best talent of the most rewarding and challenging jobs anywhere.
This Account Director will be responsible for a large client relationship on a day-to-day basis, based on a full understanding of both the client and AKQA's business objectives and goals. They will assure the agency's full resources are marshalled and effectively applied appropriately, using their experience working hands-on with digital platforms/products. The Account Director takes a leadership role in setting high standards for development of all communications, marketing activities, finance and reporting on the account they oversee, as well as continually evaluating and optimizing account management performance. The Account Director ensures agency functions are performed on a profitable basis.
- Navigating the client and partner organizations in which we participate, including navigating the connections both physically and strategically between all the different organizations and stakeholders, and successfully guiding the team with these connections and relationships.
- Effectively outlining an approach, process, action plans, etc. in writing decks or other materials, and having the ability to communicate the approach in a presentation to senior internal team members, or with the clients.
- Developing cross-capability relationships with all levels in a respectful manner and consistently communicating internal and external updates where applicable
- Developing strong relationships with internal clients at all levels by clearly understanding team member dynamics and needs
- Crafting a strategic recommendation that is based off of an understanding of the clients’ business and how AKQA can benefit the client
- Mentoring and teaching direct reports and discipline leads on strategy, marketing and account relationship management issues
- Developing a true understanding of direct report’s needs and manages accordingly providing them with opportunities for growth
- Partnering with capability leads to determine the appropriate resource structure for different types of projects ultimately driving toward efficient teams
QUALIFICATIONS AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- 7+ years of experience working with digital platforms/products in an agency setting
- 1+ years experience as an Account Director working with large companies or organizations
- Demonstrated interactive/digital experience required
- Experience working with healthcare or system design clients is a plus
- Excellent leadership and mentoring skills managing other account staff
- Strategic understanding of all disciplines of marketing
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.