New York, United States
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
AKQA NY is looking to hire a seasoned account leader with solid hands-on digital, specifically platform/product background, to lead a pillar account for our NY studio. An Account Director at AKQA is accountable for the success of this partnership engagement, serving as the main point of client contact, helping to build consensus, facilitating and bridging cross-team communication, and ensuring alignment across the key stakeholders identified. The Account Director acts as a leader of brand, business, and customer insight in client teams, peer groups and internal meetings, and is an expert in synthesizing customer and business insights, shaping creative that leads to impactful and breakthrough customer experiences. They are seen as a leader by clients, driven by insight led thinking and an in-depth knowledge of the clients’ business while being able to recommend solutions to key issues facing clients.
The city that never sleeps provides us with constant inspiration. We harness this in the heart of Union Square, where old meets new.
Our New York studio offers teams the opportunity to produce innovative work that moves world-class companies, and their communities forward. All disciplines collaborate to find the best solution while delivering each aspect to the highest standard. From products and services to imaginative storytelling, our shared vision is to create experiences that drive progress and results. We are fortunate to partner with forward-thinking clients, including Verizon, IBM, Mayo Clinic, HSS, Volvo, and Campari.
We empower our teams and clients to make what’s next, while working towards the ultimate acknowledgement, “Only in New York!”
- Operate as the go-to resource for the team’s concerns, point of view and recommendations, checks in regularly with all team members on a 1:1 basis for ad hoc feedback, and schedules regular program leadership meetings to ensure constant alignment
- Partner with the Program, Creative, UX, Strategy and Analytic leads on the account to have a cohesive and strong leadership team
- Establishes and executes client business plans that align with the goals of AKQA, the goals of the overall account and communicates plan with the working team to give context on key decisions
- Creates high-impact client presentations and is comfortable presenting to large cross functional groups
- Successfully grows long-term, trusted relationships with senior level clients (Directors and below) and plays a lead role in securing incremental revenue
- Responsible for driving the quality of the agency’s work, on-going client and internal communication, organic business growth, program P+L, and financial management and reporting
- Demonstrates strong fiscal management skills, understanding/respecting the economics of our business and contributing in a way that supports the financial model
- Proactively searches out best practices to strengthen team delivery
- Identify resource gaps and works with Resourcing and Leadership to fill them
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- 7+ years’ experience within an agency environment
- 1+ years’ experience as an Account Director working with large companies or organizations
- Demonstrated interactive/digital experience required
- Excellent leadership and mentoring skills managing other account staff
- Strategic understanding of all disciplines of marketing
- Experience working with healthcare/system design clients is a plus
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply