London, United Kingdom
As a member of the AKQA client services department, you will influence changes in consumer behavior through ideas, creativity and the use of interactive media. You will make a difference in digital communications, marketing, and advertising, and inspire the best global brands.
As an Account Director, you will develop strong senior client relationships and be committed to driving their business forward through innovative work that inspires and motivates consumers. You will also be vital in generating profit for AKQA and lead internal teams to deliver projects that achieve excellent results for the client and the agency. Account Directors must also develop a unique understanding of the digital arena and how new and emerging developments can be exploited to add value to a client's business.
Contributing to AKQA’s founding values: innovation, service, quality and thought; you will be excited about being part of our success. You will thrive when faced with new challenges and will continuously strive to improve the way things are done for our clients.
- Operate as the go-to resource for the team’s concerns, point of view and recommendations, checks in regularly with all team members on a 1:1 basis for ad hoc feedback, and schedules regular program leadership meetings to ensure constant alignment.
- Partner with the Program, Creative, UX, Strategy and Analytic leads on the account to have a cohesive and strong leadership team.
- Establishes and executes client business plans that align with the goals of AKQA, the goals of the overall account and communicates plan with the working team to give context on key decisions.
- Creates high-impact client presentations and is comfortable presenting to large cross functional groups.
- Successfully grows long-term, trusted relationships with senior level clients (Directors and below) and plays a lead role in securing incremental revenue.
- Proven ability to present persuasive new business opportunities in organic and/or pitch capacity.
- Responsible for driving the quality of the agency’s work, on-going client and internal communication, organic business growth, program P+L, and financial management and reporting.
- Demonstrates strong fiscal management skills, understanding/respecting the economics of our business and contributing in a way that supports the financial model.
- Proactively searches out best practices to strengthen team delivery.
- Identify resource gaps and works with Resourcing and Leadership to fill them.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- 7+ years’ experience within an agency environment.
- 1+ years’ experience as an Account Director working with large companies or organisations.
- Demonstrated interactive/digital experience required.
- Excellent leadership and mentoring skills managing other account staff.
- Strategic understanding of all disciplines of marketing.
- Experience working with service design or start-up clients a plus.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply