Johannesburg, South Africa
The AKQA Client Service Team’s purpose is to create a better future through the imaginative application of digital media. We work with our clients to understand their specific marketing objectives, whether these are brand awareness, consideration or conversion, and create and implement tailored media strategies that deliver real business results.
As part of the AKQA Client Service Team, you will support the creation of these media strategies, using a creative and analytical approach that identifies the best mix of channels, targets, and messages. You will be in charge of managing the delivery of these campaigns, working closely with the media team to deliver against agreed KPIs, as well as providing regular campaign performance reports and updates to clients.
You are an excellent communicator, able to manage client relationships effectively and provide commentary and advice on digital media campaigns when asked. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy a varied work day, working on a number of tasks from various clients throughout the day. You embrace change positively, and always display a solution-oriented attitude.
Contributing to AKQA’s founding values: innovation, service, quality and thought; you will be excited about being part of our success. You will thrive when faced with new challenges and will continuously strive to improve the way things are done for our clients.
The role will be based in our offices in Johannesburg, you will join a dedicated team focused on driving measurable business outcomes for clients through digital media insight and expertise. Due to the current situation we are mostly working remotely; since your health is our first priority, the interview process and the onboarding can be organised either in person or virtually.
This role is for individuals with a senior level of experience in digital media marketing and will require the ability to:
- Maintain a positive and professional relationship with the client during all interactions
- Deliver remarkable client service to become a go-to advisor and media consultant
- Look for innovative ways to improve account performance
- Assess client commercial realities to deliver the most relevant and effective paid media solutions
- Proactively seek out testing and tactical opportunities to recommend to clients
- Confidence in leading discussions around KPIs, media performance and suggested strategies
- Report on current performance trends and provide keen insights
- Work alongside the Media Team to monitor campaign performance and optimise it against agreed KPIs across multiple clients
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of effective media strategies for our clients
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- 7+ years’ experience within an agency environment
- 1+ years’ experience as a senior client service member working with large companies or organisations
- Demonstrated interactive/digital experience required
- Demonstrable experience in a hands-on Paid Media role (preferred)
- Strong knowledge of the paid social space and current developments in this field
- Experience with all paid media tactics from both execution and strategic standpoints
- Strategic understanding of all disciplines of marketing
- Passionate about digital media, keeping up-to-date with the latest industry trends and eager to give your contribution with a curious and detail-oriented approach
- Ability to interpret a client brief and contribute to translating into an effective media strategy
- Ability to understand KPIs and performance measurement
- Good knowledge of the Google product suite (preferred)
- Experience working on multi-channel digital campaigns
- Basic knowledge of main analytics platforms
- Fluent English (spoken and written)
- Strong attention to detail
- An analytical mind and the ability to wield a dangerous spreadsheet
- Confident in presenting to clients in an articulate and engaging manner
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.