As a member of the AKQA Client Services department you will influence changes in consumer behaviour through ideas, creativity and the use of interactive media. You will make a difference to digital communications, marketing, advertising and inspire the best global brands. You hold a dual role, working closely with Delivery on multiple projects as well as providing client leadership within the project team.
Account Directors at AKQA champion product excellence and enduring client relationships, as a highly organised and credible partner. Account Directors nurture and build client relationships founded on shared values and aspirations. Motivated by work that makes a meaningful and sustained impact, they have a passion for our clients’ business, industry best practice and state-of-the-art techniques.
Located in Berlin, Germany, as part of the AKQA team, you will work in an environment that fosters a dynamic and meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
Areas of expertise
We are looking for Senior Account Manager or Account Director who is experienced in driving projects in at least 2 of the 3 spaces below.
- Product & Service design – working on different touchpoints across a brand ecosystem
- MarTech - with a focus on
- Content & Experience (CMS and web experience management, email marketing, SEO, etc)
- Commerce & Sales (e-commerce platforms and carts, marketing, IOT, etc.)
- Social & Relationships (CRM such as Salesforce)
- Data (audience/ marketing data, data enhancement, DMP, analytics and performance)
- Venture design – collaborating with our clients on new business models
KEY ROLE REQUIREMENTS
- Has had 5+ years of experience in a Client Service, Key Account Management or similar client-facing role managing senior stakeholders on client side in a digital context (we are not looking for individuals whose experience is predominantly in the area of creative brand campaigns)
- Is experienced in independently igniting and driving innovation-driven conversations with senior stakeholders on the below areas towards uncovering potential projects and commercial opportunities
- Proven leadership skills, has successfully managed a team previously
- Develops and consistently grows strong client partnerships
- Is familiar driving client partnerships with a focus on client-specific targets
- Any previous experience working in German companies a big plus
- Identifies, pursues and converts additional opportunities to grow the account and add value to our clients.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Communication: is fully proficient in English and German
- End-to-end ownership: understands and fosters with rest of team the concept of end-to-end ownership across the entire lifespan of projects, from owning and challenging the initial brief to championing any and all deliverables towards not only fulfilling, but exceeding client expectations.
- Empathic: has a strong sense of empathy and can effectively and proactively navigate challenging situations such as conflicts and escalations with a high degree of assertiveness
- Entrepreneurial: has a ‘can-do’ mindset, motivating and inspiring evolving project teams
- Team player: has a positive attitude to collaboration and team-spirit, has a personable and professional approach
- Efficient: Has a strong sense towards identifying and applying best practices while being capable to identify and systematically remove any process-driven obstacles for the sake of overall efficiency
- Thorough: provides sharp attention to detail and a has a natural drive for perfection.
- Analytical: understand how business, brands and customers interact, with a knowledge of the role that technology plays in these relationships.
- Insightful: has a deep understanding of our clients’ customers, competitors, marketplace and business challenges.
- Proactive: consultative, conscientious and rigorous approach to increase our clients’ competitive advantage.
- Inclusive: ensure a collaborative ‘one team’ approach of both client and agency.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply