London, United Kingdom
At AKQA, we blend the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products, and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination and deliver impressive returns for our clients.
The AKQA Client Service team serves as a trusted and respected partner to our clients. As the little details are the detail, the AKQA Client Services team show industry leading professionalism at every touch, meeting, call, or message. We partner with our clients to create a better future, through world-leading work, constant innovation and care.
The Account Director is responsible for developing strong senior client relationships and is committed to driving their business forward through innovative work that inspires and motivates audiences. The role requires the leadership of internal teams to deliver highly successful projects for the client and the agency. The role fosters effective teamwork within the team to drive results and positive change.
The portfolio you’ll lead consists of brand leaders in sport and youth culture. You will be passionate about the future of sport, inspiring people to move, and telling stories through digital. Client Service at AKQA is about more than being a strong partner – it is about taking the initiative through your strategic thinking, industry knowledge and creating opportunity for game changing creative.
- Builds and maintains deep and mutually beneficial client relationships; identifies opportunities, inspires them, learns from them, understands key business issues and regularly plans and facilitates quarterly review sessions.
- Passionate about sport and sports culture.
- Proven track record of ‘making’ – bringing excellent strategy and creative thinking together to create real world projects (ideally have examples/portfolio of key projects).
- Growth focused team leader, able to set individual progress targets and help coach to achieve these goals.
- Deep understanding of creative ‘craft’ – holds work to high standards and is able to effectively push teams to strive for great outputs.
- Develops a deep understanding of client’s business environment and audiences.
- Successfully manages multiple suppliers, partners and clients to ensure we reach successful outcomes for both the client and AKQA.
- Meets and exceeds revenue targets.
- Identifies, pursues and converts additional opportunities for AKQA.
- Leverages client relationships for introductions to additional business units and brands.
- Ensures client organisation charts and contact lists are kept fully up to date. Works with client on annual planning sessions. Ensures visibility of all major client initiatives over 12 months.
- Provides a viewpoint on team resource and configuration. Sets out detailed month-by-month forecasts against which resource can be planned.
- In-depth knowledge of client businesses and market challenges faced. Demonstrates AKQA strategic thinking, e.g. able to formulate strategic propositions into client-ready decks. Ensures AKQA shares relevant solutions that meet client business objectives.
- Responsible for all aspects of monthly financial process of account. Demonstrates ability to reduce number of unbilled hours on account.
QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE
- Extensive account management experience at a leading digital agency, professional services firm or similar organisation.
- Successful track record of building exceptional client relationships; necessary capability, presence and professionalism to inspire confidence and credibility with clients and colleagues.
- A passion for innovation and business strategy – specifically as it relates to sport, youth culture, social and media.
- Ability to speak to project examples, highlighting opportunity, tension, solution and results.
- Presentation skills – fluent in strategy, consumer behaviour, creative persuasion and production.
- Proven track record of bringing projects from opportunity to production.
- Ability to structure strategic ideas into well-ordered and insightful presentations.
- Has decision making ability and skill - provide guidance, analyse situation and provide advice under pressure.
- Ability to discuss knowledgeably, and apply relevantly, the full range of AKQA strategic services offering, including audience insights and research, brand positioning and development, proposition development, user experience design processes, UE testing, CRM, communications planning, and media buying.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply