Washington DC, United States
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
A champion for creative excellence and enduring client relationships, the Account Director at AKQA is a highly organized, trusted and credible partner. The Account Director will nurture and build client relationships founded on shared values, aspirations and mutual benefit. Motivated by work that makes a meaningful impact, the Account Director has a passion for our client’s business, industry best practice and communication excellence.
Based on the Georgetown Waterfront, our Washington DC studio creates breakthrough products and services for a diverse range of clients.
Recognized for outstanding work by Cannes, Apple and the Clio Awards, we deliver on our client’s most challenging briefs. This includes the future of retail, global entertainment launches and piloting digital products and services that reshape customer experiences.
We are proud of our industry defying retention rate, with both employees and clients alike. Over 20% of our employees have been with us for ten or more years. Our collaborative teams work across strategy, creative, analytics, and technology.
- Foster an environment of innovation, where great ideas are championed
- Ensure we are solutions-focused and consistently provide an outstanding level of service to all of our clients
- Drive pro-activity on the business ensuring we’re seen as thinkers, not just great brief takers
- Develop strong relationships with our clients, built on mutual respect
- Ensure AKQA is seen as a thought-leader who constantly adds-value to the clients’ business
- Demonstrate a growth focused mindset with the ability to establish and build accounts from the ground up, while delivering on annual targets through organic growth opportunities
- Ensure a pro-active and solution oriented environment within your teams
- Quickly develop a deep understanding of the clients’ business and industry
- Ability to provide thought-leadership to clients
- Ability to think strategically and prioritize work accordingly across a portfolio of client engagements
- Be collaborative in nature and work well with all other disciplines
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Manage, develop and mentor members of the Account Team
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Minimum 8 years experience in account management at a digital agency, ad agency, brand consultancy environment or in-house marketing or product firm
- Built strong relationships with Senior Directors
- Currently the client services lead providing leadership and direction on a medium or large account
- Experience working with strategy, creative and technical teams collaborating on great work
- Ability to successfully organize, manage and deliver a diverse range of innovative projects
- Able to confidently build rapport, credibility and influence across multiple stakeholders in a highly matrix’d organization
- Extensive experience in brand experiences from strategy through execution and analysis of results
- A passion for great work, you can see potential and nourish it and have a tremendous ability to influence both internal and external stakeholders to drive that work forward
- Flexible and adaptable in a dynamic environment while working as a member of a high-performing team
- Able to delve deep into a client’s business, brand, product and services, marketing strategy and consumer insights, to understand challenges and find opportunities
- A deep understanding of digital platforms (social, eCRM, e-commerce platforms, content, performance marketing, digital in-store) and how they can be leveraged to deliver the most compelling brand experience throughout the customer journey
- Demonstrate strong fiscal management skills, understanding/respecting the economics of our business and contributing in a way that supports the financial model
- Ability to accurately plan and forecast revenue, consistently creates solid revenue forecasts across a portfolio of work, with accurate representation of committed vs. upside/downside revenue
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply