Account Director, Aarhus
AKQA Denmark is looking to hire an experienced account leader with a solid hands-on digital marketing background (platforms, commerce, campaigns, services, apps), to join our studio in Aarhus, working close with the team in Copenhagen, as well as the rest of the world.
As an Account Director, you will develop strong senior client relationships and be committed to driving their business forward through innovative work that inspires and motivates consumers. You will also be vital in generating profit for AKQA and lead internal teams to deliver projects that achieve excellent results for the client and the agency. Account Directors must also develop a unique understanding of the digital arena and how new and emerging developments can be exploited to add value to a client's business. You will thrive when faced with new challenges and will continuously strive to improve the way things are done for our clients.
Further, it is expected that Account Directors contribute to the success of the agency by helping find and win new clients. This being through network, reacting on inbound opportunities, through partnerships or simply picking up the phone and reaching out themselves.
- An extrovert with a strong drive, curious mind and passion for teamwork.
- Experience within common digital disciplines like: Website, Commerce, Apps, campaigns, performance, analytics etc.
- Operate as the go-to resource for the team’s concerns, point of view and recommendations, checks in regularly with all team members on a 1:1 basis for ad hoc feedback, and schedules regular program leadership meetings to ensure constant alignment.
- Partner with the Program/Delivery, Creative, UX, Strategy and Analytic leads on the account to have a cohesive and strong leadership team.
- Establishes and executes client business plans that align with the goals of AKQA, the goals of the overall account and communicates plan with the working team to give context on key decisions.
- Creates high-impact client presentations and is comfortable presenting to large cross functional groups.
- Successfully grows long-term, trusted relationships with senior level clients (Directors and below) and plays a lead role in securing incremental revenue.
- Proven ability to present persuasive new business opportunities in organic and/or pitch capacity.
- Responsible for driving the quality of the agency’s work, on-going client and internal communication, organic business growth, program P+L, and financial management and reporting.
- Has a natural newbizz drive. No matter how busy you are, you always like to keep yourselves up to date on what is happening in your network and in the industry, and whether a new opportunity for a cup of coffee or pitch could arise.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CHARACTERISTICS
- 5+ years’ experience within an agency environment.
- 1+ years’ experience as an Account Director working with large companies or organisations.
- Demonstrated interactive/digital experience required.
- Strategic understanding of all disciplines of marketing.
If you have any questions to the role, or just want to make sure your name is picked for a personal interview, feel free to reach out to Hans von Haffner, General Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.