London, United Kingdom
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
As a team member of the AKQA client services department you will influence changes in consumer behaviour through ideas, creativity and the use of interactive media. You will make a difference to digital communications, marketing and advertising, and inspire the best global brands.
The Account Manager is responsible for developing strong client relationships and is committed to driving their business forward through innovative work that inspires and motivates audiences. The role requires the leadership of internal teams to deliver highly successful projects for the client and the agency. The role fosters effective teamwork within the team to drive results and positive change.
- Builds and maintains deep and mutually beneficial client relationships; identifies opportunities, inspires them, learns from them, understands key business issues and regularly plans and facilitates Quarterly Business Review (QBR) sessions.
- Develops a deep understanding of client’s business environment and audiences.
- Successfully manages multiple suppliers, partners and clients to ensure we reach successful outcomes for both the client and AKQA.
- Meets and exceeds revenue targets.
- Keeps stakeholders informed of project progress at all times and manages expectations proactively.
- Identifies, pursues and converts organic growth opportunities and supports the management & conversion of new business opportunities.
- Leverages client relationships for introductions to additional business units and brands.
- Provides a viewpoint on team resource and configuration. Sets out detailed month-by-month forecasts against which resource can be planned.
- In-depth knowledge of client businesses and market challenges faced. Demonstrates AKQA strategic thinking, e.g., able to formulate strategic propositions and communicate these via client-ready decks. Ensures AKQA shares relevant solutions that meet client business objectives.
- Responsible for creating and distributing high quality written documentation (status reposts, agendas, contact reports, emails) and managing feedback from internal and external collaborators.
- Understanding of digital media and marketing
- Strong communication skills
QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE
- Account management experience at a leading digital agency, professional services firm or similar organisation.
- Successful track record of building exceptional client relationships; necessary capability, presence and professionalism to inspire confidence and credibility with clients and colleagues.
- A passion for innovation and business strategy.
- Ability to build successful ‘trusted advisor’ relationships with key client contacts.
- Strong presentation skills, such as written, visual and verbal
- Ability to structure strategic ideas into well-ordered and insightful presentations.
- Has decision making ability and skill - provide guidance, analyse situation and provide advice under pressure.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply