Auckland – Tāmaki Makaurau, New Zealand
At AKQA, the Client Service team handle every facet of our relationship with clients, ensuring an unwavering commitment to the best possible outcome for all. With profound empathy for client contexts, customers and aspirations, they're the ultimate brand advocates and experts in identifying exciting new opportunities for growth.
As an Account Manager, you will foster a key client relationship within our Client Service team. You’ll have a strategic focus that enables you to identify and create opportunities that add value to your client’s business. You will act as your client’s adviser, brand champion and agency facilitator, and you’ll be responsible for inspiring and mentoring a high-performing and passionate team. You’ll also have a keen ability for managing multi-discipline projects across the agency and demonstrate the ability to use key tenets of project management: project definition, scope management, risk management, hand-off management and team management.
Located in Auckland, as part of AKQA you’ll work in an innovative and inclusive culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You’ll also have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. We offer a flexible and hybrid work environment. At AKQA, we are committed to both your career growth and your work/life balance.
- Manage a portfolio of clients ensuring that we have account plans, roadmaps and a healthy pipeline of work.
Ability to generate ideas, and effectively translate/communicate client requirements.
- Demonstrate and encourage client service excellence.
- Work with disciplines to provide clients with relevant insights on industry trends, best practice, benchmarks.
- Prior focus on retail clients will be highly regarded.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Thorough strategic and commercial knowledge.
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role with the ability to demonstrate how you've made a measurable difference to an organisation, project or team.
- Strong problem-solving, negotiation and risk management skills.
- Previous experience of working in an agency environment is highly desirable.
- Strong ability to identify and drive new business opportunities effectively, from identification to conversion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Sharp attention to detail and a drive for perfection.
- A collaborative ‘one team’ approach that enables client and agency partners to work cohesively.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply