Cape Town, South Africa & Johannesburg, South Africa
At AKQA we imaginatively apply art and science to create transformative experiences, accelerate growth and future-proof organisations. AKQA Performance designs every touchpoint along the customer journey with unmatched native ability to define, find, connect, and inspire audiences across all brand interactions.
As an Accountant at AKQA, you will manage all financial transactions, from fixed payments and variable expenses to bank deposits and budgets. You will with accurate quantitative information on financial position, liquidity and cash flows of our business, while ensuring compliance with all tax regulations.
At AKQA you'll work in a meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You'll have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically-advanced team and have access to ongoing personal and professional development.
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable.
- Produce error-free accounting reports up to trial balance.
- Analyse financial information and summarise financial status.
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending.
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures.
- Provide input into department’s goal setting process.
- Assist / submission of tax returns for VAT and PAYE.
- Assist with internal and external audits to ensure compliance.
- Support month-end and year-end close process.
- Liaise with our Financial Manager to improve financial procedures.
- Ensure timely bank payments.
- Preparation of payroll for review.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures.
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Awareness of business trends.
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process.
- Hands-on experience with Pastel Evolution and PaySpace is advantageous.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills.
- Relevant qualification in Accounting, Finance or relevant.
- Relevant certification will be preferred.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.