Accounts Receivable Executive
The Accounts Receivable Executive is responsible for performing basic project accounting tasks, such as client billing and accounts receivable maintenance, working as part of the Client Accounting team.
- Build and retain strong relationships with the respective teams.
- Deliver reports in a timely and professional manner.
- Raise sales invoices in a timely and accurate manner according to instruction and client contract.
- Meet all reporting deadlines and leave no reconciling items unexplained.
- Resolve old reconciling items successfully.
Key technical competencies
- Raise sale invoices with accuracy and within the defined time frame, for both London and Sweden.
- Responsible for updating client invoicing portals where applicable
- Send client statements if requested and follow up if required.
- Assist with audit queries and other ad hoc requests from the Assistant Manager - Finance.
- Reconcile Accounts Receivable and assist with month end reports.
- Responsible for intercompany billing
- First approver of payments
- Responsible for chasing payments for overdue debtors.
- Providing commentary on overdue balances to the reporting team
- Responsible for advising finance team of cash receipts that need to be posted
- Assist Assistant Manager - Finance in running ad hoc financial reports as and when necessary.
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles.
- Basic knowledge of Excel.
- Previous experience of accounting software packages is preferable but not essential.
QUALIFICATIONS & CHARACTERISTICS
- Strong communication skills: able to build business-focused relationships.
- Proven planning and organisation skills: able to prioritise workload.
- Working knowledge of Windows-based software (particularly Excel).
- Proven analytical skills.
- Highly numerate and literate individual with strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Sage 500, Maconomy or similar accounting software is desirable.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Experience or understanding of the marketing communications industry.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.