San Francisco, United States
ACD (Sr. Art Director) - Sunnyvale
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Creatives at AKQA apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insight to create and bring to life beautiful ideas that move the world. Skilled storytellers and conceptors, they work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop labors of love that delight customers and deliver results for clients.
ACD (Sr. Art Directors) play essential roles in the strategy, conception and design of beautiful ideas, products and services. They bring exceptional creative thought and craft output, developing and delivering projects from brief to end user.
ACDs (Sr. Art Directors) at AKQA approach every brief with fresh eyes. Avoiding familiar solutions, the ACD (Sr. Art Director) generates useful, usable ideas across all existing and emerging platforms. Sr. Art Directors create and inspire work that is distinctive, effective and truly remarkable.
AKQA offers our staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world’s most vibrant and beautiful cities.
- 8+ years of (preferably agency) experience specializing in visual design for the web, with the ability to lead the design of large, complex systems of interactions
- Possess a diverse portfolio of daring, ground-breaking work that is consummate in its craft
- Natural collaborator and mentor who thrives in a group environment and knows how to bring out the best in the team – design, copy, ux, and development
- You set a blistering design pace on every project; casting vision, minding the details, and solving the work in a deep and meaningful way
- Work in a hands-on capacity internally and externally; help develop strategy, vision and concepts
- Actively train, mentor, and manage junior- and mid-level creatives
- Responsible for managing and guiding junior- and mid-level creatives’ careers within AKQA (including regular one-on-one check-ins), writing and delivering annual performance reviews, and taking responsibility for on-boarding new employees and guiding him or her through a successful tenure at AKQA
- Contribute to thought leadership activities and stimulate professional development and inspiration within the team
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- You have portfolio of digital work that demonstrates high quality art direction, storytelling and a clean, contemporary design aesthetic within a variety of campaigns and projects for website launches, site redesigns, email marketing, mobile experiences, and digital product launches
- You have a breadth of cultural reference points
- You have a drive to break boundaries and craft the best ideas in the world of their kind
- You are fearless, boundlessly creative and relentlessly attentive to detail
- A strong ability and experience in leading, directing and managing a group of cross-disciplinary teams
Please note: No visa transfers or visa sponsorships will be offered at this time. Candidates for this role must be able to work West Coast hours and be willing to work onsite, in Sunnyvale, CA with the team, when we return to the office.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply