At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and experiences that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Creatives at AKQA apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insight, to create and bring to life beautiful ideas that move the world. As skilled storytellers and conceptors, they work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop labours of love that delight customers and deliver results for clients.
Art directors play essential roles in the strategy, conception and design of beautiful ideas, products and services. They bring exceptional creative thought and they craft output, developing and delivering projects from the brief to end user.
As an Art Director, you will provide leadership for the brands you work on, create innovative concepts and push the idea through to the final outputs
- Possess not just exceptional art direction skills, but the ability to implement strategic and conceptual thinking as well.
- Create and manage original, persuasive and conceptually compelling work for campaigns, content and experiences, across a variety of clients.
- Leads by example to inspire colleagues to originate pioneering ideas that deliver successful solutions.
- Listen to and respond to briefs, and question where there are gaps.
- Collaborate with the client and with various teams within AKQA.
- Embrace challenges and inspire new ways of thinking.
- Responsible for driving projects with some supervision, along with and mentoring junior members of the team.
- Be accountable for the project design deliverables and manage the quality of all design deliverables to ensure they meet AKQA standards for creative excellence.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- You have a compelling portfolio of work that demonstrates high-quality art direction and concepting across a variety of projects.
- Proven creative success working in collaborative, multi-functional teams.
- Strong information presentation skills, visual and written.
- You have a breadth of cultural reference points.
- You have a drive to break boundaries and craft the best ideas of their kind in the world.
- You are passionate, driven and obsessed about your craft and stay on top of best practice in your field.
- Experience in leading a team and working directly with clients is advantageous.
- A degree in Design, Interaction Design, Visual Studies or other design-related field preferred.
- Extensive experience using the most common software.
- Experience of nurturing client relationships.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply