Atlanta, United States
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and experiences that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
The Art Director at AKQA will approach every brief with fresh eyes. Avoiding familiar solutions, the Art Director will create and inspire work that is distinctive, effective and truly remarkable. They lead by example to consistently inspire creative colleagues to create world-class, pioneering ideas that conceptualize world-class solutions, while acting as a strategic and conceptual leader on projects. Art Directors at AKQA display a cohesive understanding and can execute the principles that make innovative and effective digital communications, interface design, and interaction design.
Based in Midtown Atlanta, our collaborative teams work across a broad range of clients in strategy, analytics, product management, content, design, user experience and technology, with a core focus in the creation of digital products and services.
We exist to create the future with our clients and that partnership is the basis of our practice. We work collaboratively across client teams to ensure each experience is of the highest quality and has a measurable impact on the customer and business alike.
- Works in a hands-on capacity internally and with clients to develop the strategy, experience concepts and establish the overarching design direction for the experience
- Produces compelling and highly usable experience solutions in response to client needs
- Communicates and represents creative vision and execution with client partners
- Actively trains, mentors, and manages junior- and mid-level creatives
- Creatively participates in new business pitches – i.e. responsible for ideas and creative work, and competently presents pitches
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the creative industry
- Demonstrated creative success in collaborative cross disciplinary teams
- An ability and a desire to adapt to the changing landscape of technology
- Experience in, and enthusiasm for, creating digital platforms and products from brief to delivery and beyond.
- Experience in side-by-side collaboration with UX and development teams and leaders
- Strong working knowledge of user interface, application, mobile and responsive design
- Exceptional communication skills: Verbal, written, interpersonal and inter-departmental
- Superb professionalism and mature presence in all aspects of the job
- Thought leadership: A strong point of view; ability to contribute to the strategic development of an assignment; creative ideas and the ability to promote conceptual thinking among the team
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.