San Francisco, United States
Art Director - AR/VR
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and experiences that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Creatives at AKQA apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insight, creating and bringing to life beautiful ideas that move the world. Skilled storytellers and conceptors, AKQA Creatives work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop labors of love that delight customers and deliver results for clients.
As an AR/VR Art Director for AKQA you will be relied on to craft innovative and compelling experiences that have high production value and bring creative concepts to life for our global clients. As such, you will be responsible for conceiving, designing, and guiding the development of high-quality, innovative 3D and AR/VR experiences across a range of products and services. Your technical knowledge, design skills and calm confident demeanor will engender trust and earn respect from colleagues and clients, while your verbal skills will be relied upon to communicate and support our ideas. Working collaboratively across creative, technology, project management and client teams, you and your colleagues at AKQA will craft stunning visual and interactive experiences that delight and inspire consumers.
Based in the heart of the SOMA district, the epicenter of the Bay Area’s technology industry. Our San Francisco studio offers staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world’s most vibrant and beautiful cities.
With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive services. We build experiences and applications that capture the imagination and deliver proven business results for our clients, including Facebook, PayPal, Uber, The Clorox Company, IBM, Levi’s and more.
Our San Francisco studio is uniquely diverse in its resident skillsets enabling employees to solve across the full spectrum of experience solutions. Ranging from strategy, creative and development through to programmatic media, integrated paid search, social marketing and predictive analytics.
- At least 5-7 years of experience leading design and concepting on motion graphics, interactive, or game development projects
- Expert proficiency with tools such as Cinema 4D, Maya, Photoshop, or your design tool of choice, and the ability to quickly create visuals to support concept development and presentations to internal stakeholders
- A deep understanding of AR/VR, real-time 3D, or motion graphics workflows that grants you the ability to guide diverse projects from concepting through delivery
- Experience guiding, evaluating, and redirecting the creative work of a multi-disciplinary team
- Design skills that inspire and a beautiful, clean, modern sensibility; combined with a mindset that easily embraces challenges and new ways of thinking
- Create and manage original, persuasive, conceptually compelling work for campaigns, content and digital experiences
- A kind, collaborate personality that is easy to get along with, works well with others, instills trust and can be depended on to deliver best in class work for our clients and various teams within AKQA
- Contribute to thought leadership activities and stimulate professional development and inspiration within the team
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- An award-winning portfolio of compelling digital work that demonstrates high quality art direction, storytelling and a clean, contemporary design aesthetic within a variety of campaigns and projects
- You have a calm, collaborative personality that is able to multitask and remain organized, while working within tight deadlines in a very demanding, fast paced environment
- Organized, articulate, confident yet humble, with excellent presentation, written, and oral skills
- You thrive in a creative and dynamic work environment
- You have a breadth of cultural reference points
- You have a drive to break boundaries and craft the best ideas in the world of their kind
- You are fearless, boundlessly creative and relentlessly attentive to detail
- Experience with programing code using applications such as Unity or Swift is a nice to have skill
Please note: No visa transfers or visa sponsorships will be offered at this time. Candidates for this role must be able to work West Coast hours and be willing to work onsite with the team, when we return to the office.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply