Associate Creative Developer
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
As an Associate Creative Developer, you will be responsible for developing and delivering high-performing web-based solutions. This role is hands-on, involving production work, translating design concepts to HTML, accessibility and compatibility as well as interaction with the creative and technical teams to create innovative solutions.
You are self-motivated with an insatiable appetite for learning, never satisfied to settle for the 'easy option' but will pursue and fight for the best. You are keen to improve your skillset and learn outside your remit and will be interested in, if not experienced in VR, 360 and DOOH experiences, outside of the traditional browser setup. Like everyone at AKQA, Creative Developers are encouraged to be ambitious, forward-thinking and experimental. The tech team at AKQA get to explore the latest tech and seek to answer the question; 'what if...?'
As part of the AKQA team, you will work in an environment that fosters a dynamic and meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
- Execute projects by translating designs from Creative and Art Directors into code
- Estimating creative solutions for projects
- Collaborate with team members to integrate creative solutions
- Share knowledge and grow together with peers, both creative and web developers
- Apply best practices for efficient and effective development
- Consistently deliver high quality project tasks on time
- Actively analyse emerging technologies and assess their relative merits
- Balance of industry best practices, principles, quality assurance and innovation in design and implementation.
QUALITIES & CHARACTERISTICS
- 3+ years experience working with front-end technologies and/or commercial web development
- Ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize tasks for each
- Exceptional initiative and attention to detail
- Must love design and have strong aesthetic faculty
- Formal qualifications in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, a related field advantageous
- Experience with WebGL and working with 3D in the browser
- Experience with 2d graphics in the browser with canvas
- Understanding of cross-browser or platform issues and code solutions
- Understanding of performance issues or solutions
- Write legible, manageable and extensible code that can be easily adopted by other developers
- Experience of version control using GIT
Nice to have:
- Ability to design UX, UI, 3D modelling concepts or assets
- Experience with Unity3d / Unreal
- Experience with other languages or creative technology mediums (C++, Java, ML etc)
- Experience communicating with external hardware such as Arduino, Microsoft Kinect
AKQA is committed to developing wellbeing and supporting life choices for our team. We provide an extensive range of benefits. To find out more click here.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer; we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.