Associate Creative Director
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and experiences that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
We exist to create the future with our clients and that partnership is the basis of our practice. We work collaboratively across client teams to ensure each experience is of the highest quality and has a measurable impact on the customer and business alike.
The Associate Creative Director at AKQA will approach every brief with fresh eyes. Avoiding familiar solutions, the Associate Creative Director will create and inspire work that is distinctive, effective and truly remarkable. They lead by example to consistently inspire creative colleagues to create world-class, pioneering ideas that conceptualize world-class solutions, while acting as a strategic and conceptual leader on projects. Associate Creative Directors at AKQA display a cohesive understanding and can execute the principles that make innovative and effective digital communications.
From our location in the heart of Dubai, AKQA offers our staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class. You will work in an environment which fosters a meritocratic culture and encourages ownership. As part of the Dubai creative team, you’ll be liaising with bright minds across the global AKQA network.
- Sets creative direction and provides hands-on guidance throughout all phases of project work from discovery to launch and beyond with ongoing optimization
- Works in a hands-on capacity internally and with clients to develop the strategy, experience concepts and establish the overarching design direction for the experience
- Produces compelling and highly usable creative solutions in response to client needs
- Communicates and represents creative vision and execution with client partners
- Continually develops processes to inspire, innovate, and harness new ways of thinking
- Inspires and leads by example, setting professional standards for the team and the department
- Actively trains, mentors, and manages junior- and mid-level creatives
- Responsible for managing and guiding junior- and mid-level creatives’ careers within AKQA (including regular one-on-one check-ins), writing and delivering annual performance reviews, and taking responsibility for on-boarding new employees and guiding him or her through a successful tenure at AKQA
- Creatively participates in new business pitches – i.e. responsible for ideas and creative work, and competently presents pitches
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in the creative industry
All candidates must possess a portfolio showcasing a comprehensive understanding of how all creative disciplines, including conceptual and executional (art direction, user experience, copy, and motion) contribute to a finished product
- Demonstrated creative success in leading collaborative cross disciplinary teams
- A solid understanding of the marketing industry at large; an ability and a desire to adapt to the changing landscape of technology
- Experience in, and enthusiasm for, creating creative platforms and products from brief to delivery and beyond.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply