Associate Creative Director
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and experiences that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Creatives at AKQA apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insight, to create and bring to life beautiful ideas that move the world.
As an Associate Creative Director based in Cairo, you will have the opportunity to partner with ambitious local, regional and global teams as well as clients in one of the world’s most innovative regions. Your role will be particularly essential in crafting work together with English-speaking colleagues that resonates both with local and global audiences.
You will work closely with a growing, meritocratic team of talented individuals based both locally and across the MENA region. There will be the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced environment, with access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we’re committed to your growth, as well as your wellbeing.
- Deliver and inspire award-winning work from your team, influencing change through ideas, creativity and the use of interactive media.
- Consistently deliver a number of successful solutions and high-quality work to clients on time.
- Immerse within the client’s business. Identify, understand and overcome commercial and internal challenges to inspire and deliver effective solutions that consider the holistic needs of the brand.
- Contribute to strategic development of a well-defined creative brief and any additional briefing documents, speaking with client directly where necessary.
- Lead by example to consistently inspire creative colleagues to originate world-class, pioneering ideas that conceptualise world-class solutions.
- Generate useful, usable ideas across all existing and emerging digital platforms.
- Continually develop practices and processes to inspire, innovate and harness new ways of thinking.
- Set creative direction and offers hands-on guidance throughout client team projects.
- Inspire clients with opportunities, growing partnerships organically through both ideas and successes
- High level internal and external client and team satisfaction.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Learn new skills and stay abreast of technical and digital design developments, and successfully apply them to work practices to help improve processes and procedures.
- Display a cohesive understanding and execute principles that make innovative and effective digital communications, interface design and interaction design.
- Select the most appropriate supplier for the required task. Successfully manage multiple suppliers, partners and clients to ensure outsourced projects are creatively delivered on time, within budget and to the highest standards.
- Ensure AKQA always obtains the most cost-effective solution.
- Oversee creation of award entries and case studies of key projects, ensuring they are distributed across the business to relevant people (e.g. client team, Business Development Director).
- Creatively lead new business pitches. Responsible for ideas and creative work, and competently present pitches.
- Develop strategies to build a climate of trust, openness and respect; forges strong relationships to drive successful outcomes.
- Possess highly advanced writing skills to effectively present a point of view, using logic, fact and a compelling storyline via any medium.
- Represent AKQA by delivering talks, connecting with new talent, and inspiring the next generation of creatives.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Extensive experience working at an Associate Creative Director level in a similar agency environment.
- Demonstrated creative success in leading collaborative multi-functional teams, including project planning, to winning a number of industry recognised awards.
- Considerable experience of European and Global projects.
- Experience developing/leading client relationships.
- Proven track record generating new business.
- Exceptional information presentation (visual and written) experience.
- Experience in, and enthusiasm for, creating digital platforms and products from brief to delivery and beyond.
- Experience in side-by-side collaboration with UX and development teams and leaders
- A strong track record in large-scale project planning, including accurate estimation of costs and timing, with limited overruns.
- Expert knowledge of user interface, application, mobile and responsive design, using the latest prototyping and design tools.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken. Fluency in Arabic is a big plus.
Explore our extensive range of benefits here.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.