San Francisco, United States
Associate Creative Director, Copy
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Creatives at AKQA apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insight to create and bring to life beautiful ideas that move the world. Skilled storytellers and conceptors, they work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop labors of love that delight customers and deliver results for clients.
At AKQA, the Associate Creative Director team will approach every brief with fresh eyes. Avoiding familiar solutions, the Associate Creative Director will create and inspire work that is distinctive, effective and truly remarkable. As the Associate Creative Director, with a background as a Copywriter, you will lead the Copywriting team to produce concepts and copy that make a difference to consumers’ behavior and to our client’s brands through ideas, creativity and language. You will provide leadership for AKQA’s brands, review the work of other Copywriters where necessary to ensure the quality of copy and content. You will work with Senior Creatives to create innovative concepts and messaging, then push the idea through to copy.
Based in the heart of the SOMA district, the epicenter of the Bay Area’s technology industry. Our San Francisco studio offers staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world’s most vibrant and beautiful cities.
With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive services. We build experiences and applications that capture the imagination and deliver proven business results for our clients, including Facebook, PayPal, Uber, The Clorox Company, IBM, Levi’s and more.
Our San Francisco studio is uniquely diverse in its resident skillsets enabling employees to solve across the full spectrum of experience solutions. Ranging from strategy, creative and development through to programmatic media, integrated paid search, social marketing and predictive analytics.
- Contributes to strategic development of a well-defined creative brief and any additional briefing documents, speaking with client directly where necessary
- Leads by example to consistently inspire creative colleagues to originate world-class, pioneering ideas that conceptualize world-class solutions
- Inspires copy and creative direction and provide ‘hands on’ support and an advisory role throughout all projects
- Possesses highly advanced writing skills to effectively present a point of view, using logic, fact and a compelling storyline via any medium
- Foster progressive thinking and the pushing of boundaries
- Able to interpret and follow brand and tone of voice guidelines
- Able to research and develop new tone of voice guidelines for brands, as well as write comprehensive guidelines
- Write scripts for film, animation or moving image content or concepts, and work with designers to produce clear storyboards that communicate an idea
- Utilize state-of-the-art techniques and contribute to thought leadership activities
- Stimulate professional development and inspiration within the team
- Creatively leads new business pitches, being the person directly responsible for ideas and creative work
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- You have a compelling portfolio of distinctive work that spans storytelling and product/service design
- Proven experience working as an Associate Creative Director or Head of Copy is required
- You have exceptional written and oral communication skills
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience managing and mentoring teams
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience working in a creative environment
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.