Portland, United States
Associate Creative Director, Design
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
The Associate Creative Director at AKQA will approach every brief with fresh eyes. Avoiding familiar solutions, the Associate Creative Director will create and inspire work that is distinctive, effective and truly remarkable. They lead by example to consistently inspire creative colleagues to create world-class, pioneering ideas that conceptualize world-class solutions, while acting as a strategic and conceptual leader on projects. Associate Creative Directors at AKQA display a cohesive understanding and can execute the principles that make innovative and effective digital communications, interface design, and interaction design.
Our Portland studio collaborates with clients to create distinctive experiences. Whether we are developing a service, launching or redefining, we start with purpose and translate that into memorable projects.
Partnership is the basis of our practice; we understand the context and culture that our clients operate in and use creativity to solve challenges and deliver results. From strategy to art and copy to technology, our teams across a range of disciplines work with world-class organizations that want to shape the future.
- Works in a hands-on capacity internally and externally; helps develop the strategy, vision and concepts
- Sets creative direction and provides hands-on guidance throughout the duration of client team projects
- Generates useful, usable ideas across all existing and emerging digital platforms
- Continually develops practices and processes to inspire, innovate, and harness new ways of thinking
- Creates solutions that will have a business impact on clients as well as a cultural impact on consumers
- Inspires and leads by example, setting professional standards for the team and the department
- Actively trains, mentors, and manages junior- and mid-level creatives
- Responsible for managing and guiding junior- and mid-level creatives’ careers within AKQA (including regular one-on-one check-ins), writing and delivering annual performance reviews, and taking responsibility for on-boarding new employees and guiding him or her through a successful tenure at AKQA
- Creatively participates in new business pitches – i.e. responsible for ideas and creative work, and competently presents pitches
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in the creative industry
- All candidates must possess a portfolio showcasing an extensive understanding interactive design
- Exceptional communication skills: Verbal, written, interpersonal and inter-departmental
- A strong ability and experience in leading, directing and managing a group of cross-disciplinary teams
- A solid understanding of digital media as well as the marketing industry at large; an ability and a desire to adapt to the changing landscape of technology
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply