New York, United States
Associate Creative Director, UX
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products, and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
An Associate Creative Director of UX at AKQA works alongside Creative Directors to lead and mentor a team of UX designers to shape their skills and careers. It’s their responsibility to define and refine the overarching UX strategy, vision, and principles across different ecosystems and for individual users, products, and experiences. They own and oversee UX work on individual client initiatives. As an invaluable partner to the client, they help fulfill their business goals by creating the best possible customer experience. Associate Creative Directors lead the day-to-day creative project teams toward delivering scoped deliverables while working with the Creative Leadership to define direction and approach. This role will work hands-on to ensure work meets AKQA standards.
This role would lead experience design projects, deliverables, and processes for a world-class health care institution, regarded as one of the strongest brands in the world, in and out of healthcare.
The city that never sleeps provides us with constant inspiration. We harness this in the heart of Union Square, where old meets new.
Our New York studio offers teams the opportunity to produce innovative work that moves world-class companies, and their communities forward. All disciplines collaborate to find the best solution while delivering each aspect to the highest standard. From products and services to imaginative storytelling, our shared vision is to create experiences that drive progress and results. We are fortunate to partner with forward-thinking clients, including Verizon, IBM, Mayo Clinic, HSS, Volvo, and Campari.
We empower our teams and clients to make what’s next, while working towards the ultimate acknowledgement, “Only in New York!”
- Be the program’s advocate for users across the digital experience ecosystem
- Define and validate user types, needs, mindsets, and journeys – including conducting and synthesizing direct and indirect research
- Define and execute the overarching UX strategy, vision, and principles on projects and across the ecosystem
- Analyze and identify opportunities in existing multiuser and multiproduct ecosystems
- Envision and concept products and experiences that push clients and culture, testing and learning alongside users
- Optimize around business and technical opportunities and constraints
- Define, facilitate, and oversee UX processes across different programs, from research and workshops to handover and user stories. Help us do the right things the right way
- Lead internal and external presentations, creation through delivery, to stakeholders
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- A compelling portfolio of outstanding work in product/service design that has created a real-world impact
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in designing digital experiences
- A clear and compelling communicator and collaborator, adept at inspiring and justifying positive change with internal and external teams
- Proficiency in the user experience discipline and all relevant methodologies such as persona creation, consumer journey mapping, service blueprints, heuristic evaluation, ecosystems, competitive audits, stakeholder/user interviews, card sorting, usability testing, etc.
- Mastery with wireframing and prototyping software such as Sketch, Figma and Invision
- Experienced in working alongside developers in complex regulation and integration-heavy ecosystems
- Healthcare experience is a plus, but is not required
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer; we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply