New York, United States
Associate Design Director
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
The Associate Design Director at AKQA will approach every brief with fresh eyes. Avoiding familiar solutions, the Associate Design Director will create and inspire work that is distinctive, effective and truly remarkable. They lead by example to consistently inspire creative colleagues to create world-class, pioneering ideas that conceptualize world-class solutions, while acting as a strategic and conceptual leader on projects. Associate Design Directors at AKQA display a cohesive understanding and can execute the principles that make innovative and effective digital communications, interface design, and interaction design.
The city that never sleeps provides us with constant inspiration. We harness this in the heart of Union Square, where old meets new.
Our New York studio offers teams the opportunity to produce innovative work that moves world-class companies, and their communities forward. All disciplines collaborate to find the best solution while delivering each aspect to the highest standard. From products and services to imaginative storytelling, our shared vision is to create experiences that drive progress and results. We are fortunate to partner with forward-thinking clients, including Verizon, IBM, Mayo Clinic, HSS, Volvo, and Campari.
We empower our teams and clients to make what’s next, while working towards the ultimate acknowledgement, “Only in New York!”
- Works in a hands-on capacity internally and externally; helps develop the strategy, vision and concepts
- Sets creative direction and provides hands-on guidance throughout the duration of client team projects
- Generates useful, usable ideas across all existing and emerging digital platforms
- Continually develops practices and processes to inspire, innovate, and harness new ways of thinking.
- Creates solutions that will have a business impact on clients as well as a cultural impact on consumers.
- Inspires and leads by example, setting professional standards for the team and the department
- Actively trains, mentors, and manages junior- and mid-level creatives
- Responsible for managing and guiding junior- and mid-level creatives’ careers within AKQA (including regular one-on-one check-ins), writing and delivering annual performance reviews, and taking responsibility for on-boarding new employees and guiding him or her through a successful tenure at AKQA
- Creatively leads new business pitches – i.e. responsible for ideas and creative work, and competently presents pitches
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in the creative industry
- All candidates must possess a portfolio showcasing an extensive understanding of all creative disciplines, including conceptual and executional (art direction, user experience, copy, and motion)
- Exceptional communication skills: Verbal, written, interpersonal and inter-departmental
- Superb professionalism and mature presence in all aspects of team and client relationship-building
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply