San Francisco, United States
Associate Design Director
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
The Associate Design Director at AKQA will approach every brief with fresh eyes. Avoiding familiar solutions, the Associate Design Director will create and inspire work that is distinctive, effective and truly remarkable. They lead by example to consistently inspire creative colleagues to create world-class, pioneering ideas that conceptualize world-class solutions, while acting as a strategic and conceptual leader on projects. Associate Design Directors at AKQA display a cohesive understanding and can execute the principles that make innovative and effective digital communications, interface design, and interaction design.
Our San Francisco studio is uniquely diverse in its resident skillsets enabling employees to solve across the full spectrum of experience solutions. Ranging from strategy, creative and development through to programmatic media, integrated paid search, social marketing and predictive analytics.
- Works in a hands-on capacity internally and externally; helps develop the strategy, vision and concepts
- Sets creative direction and provides hands-on guidance throughout the duration of client team projects
- Generates useful, usable ideas across all existing and emerging digital platforms
- Continually develops practices and processes to inspire, innovate, and harness new ways of thinking
- Creates solutions that will have a business impact on clients as well as a cultural impact on consumers
- Inspires and leads by example, setting professional standards for the team and the department
- Actively trains, mentors, and manages junior- and mid-level creatives
- Responsible for managing and guiding junior- and mid-level creatives’ careers within AKQA (including regular one-on-one check-ins), writing and delivering annual performance reviews, and taking responsibility for on-boarding new employees and guiding him or her through a successful tenure at AKQA
- Creatively leads new business pitches – i.e. responsible for ideas and creative work, and competently presents pitches
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in the creative industry
- All candidates must possess a portfolio showcasing an extensive understanding of all creative disciplines, including conceptual and executional (art direction, user experience, copy, and motion)
- Exceptional communication skills: Verbal, written, interpersonal and inter-departmental
- Superb professionalism and mature presence in all aspects of team and client relationship-building
- Thought leadership: A strong point of view; ability to contribute to the strategic development of an assignment; creative ideas and the ability to promote conceptual thinking among the team
- A strong ability and experience in leading, directing and managing a group of cross-disciplinary teams
- A solid understanding of digital media as well as the marketing industry at large; an ability and a desire to adapt to the changing landscape of technology
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply