Associate Director, Search
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients. Clients include Clorox (including Burt’s Bees, Brita, and others), Gap Inc., Clif Bar, and Wynn Resorts.
From our location in San Francisco's SOMA district - the epicenter of the Bay Area's technology industry - AKQA offers our staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world's most vibrant and beautiful cities.
The Associate Director, Search will be responsible for establishing strong relationships with clients and partners which includes being the primary point of contact for day-to-day management of client’s search strategy and in some cases, the client’s business. The ideal candidate will have an interest in discovering what is coming to search and have senior level client management experience with the ability to communicate clearly.
- Participate in delivering business and client financial performance plans, forecasts and targets
- Lead a client’s search strategy and work with the campaign management team to ensure the plans are delivered appropriately.
- Mentor and develop his/her unit, including goal setting, collaboration, training, feedback reviews and other career development opportunities
- Ensure successful delivery of work to track, measure, and analyze all campaign activities and drive resolution of delivery and performance issues
- Act as a first point of escalation for search related issues around and not limited to campaign performance. Ensure issues are dealt with tact and in a timely manner
- Proactively monitor and track performance across all campaigns and regularly review campaign performance with campaign management team
- Partner with the campaign management to ensure relevant strategies are implemented and ensure campaigns are meeting/exceeding client goals
- Be responsible for the effective delivery of client service to internal stakeholders as well as external clients
- Define spending strategies, success metrics and portfolio management with his/her respective team
- Help develop training programs for agencies and clients (101, 201, future of search…)
- Actively participate in new business and internal agency dealings
- Provide proactive contribution to client’s business growth by identifying new business opportunities
- Be a search evangelist for internal & external stakeholders
Qualities and Characteristics
- 5+ years plus experience in digital media with at least:
- 2+ years hands on Campaign Management experience
- 2+ years search strategy experience
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills with the ability to draw conclusions based on data
- Familiarity with core performance marketing platforms, automated bidding tools and other marketing analytics tools, including any of Google Ads, Bing Ads, Search Ads 360, Adobe Analytics, Kenshoo, and/or Salesforce Marketing Cloud & Ad Studio
- MS Office fluency, including Excel pivot tables & chart making. Experience with Keynote and/or PowerPoint
- Experience in growing, managing and inspiring internal teams; strong leadership and organizational skills
- Handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with the ability to learn and apply new concepts and tools quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ideally comfortable in a consultative, client-facing environment
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a cross-functional team
- As required by client business priorities, this role will need to accommodate flexibility with their work schedule as needed