Associate Director, Social
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
From our location in San Francisco's SOMA district - the epicenter of the Bay Area's technology industry - AKQA offers our staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world's most vibrant and beautiful cities.
Media + Data Science is one of the fastest growing disciplines at AKQA with executive support, a global team, a proprietary trading desk, big data stack, and a wide set of professional tools. With our focuses on programmatic media, search, and negotiated media, we are helping our clients to build the future of their businesses.
This Associate Media Director, Social role calls for a seasoned paid social digital media professional who can illustrate their digital thinking to develop innovative and effective media strategies. We are looking for either a seasoned supervisor or AMD level staff member – to support the team and report to the account’s Group Media Director(s).
- Demonstrate expertise in and knowledge of paid social online advertising, media planning/buying, and industry trends
- Provide leadership and management of paid social team
- Lend guidance & assistance in execution of paid social media plans (effective strategies employed, RFPs development/guidance, flawless execution deployed)
- Contribute to on-going initiatives to keep the client on top of social industry trends
- Identify and facilitate potential test & learns
- Assist teams in building & merchandising relevant case studies of tests and successes
- Work collaboratively with analytics team to break down program results, translate the data, and use it to create internal and external tools and references
- Oversee direct reports within & ensure successful integration across other AKQA centers of expertise including: Media, Programmatic, Analytics & Search (SEM & SEO)
- Contribute to team environment - camaraderie & morale
- Support colleagues and team members with special projects as needed or requested
- Support the AKQA position in the marketplace by maintaining high standards/agency policies that impact the publisher community as well as partner agencies
Skills and Experience
- 6+ years of relevant paid social or media experience (agency experience a plus)
- Successful experience in paid social/digital media planning/buying
- Experience buying in Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Snap platforms
- Experiencing in leading and managing a team
- Experience developing brand and/or performance marketing programs (a big plus for both)
- Excellent communication & client management skills
- Strong analytical skill set and ability to translate data to media performance
- Digital and traditional planning experience a plus
- Excellent MS Excel and PowerPoint skills