Sydney – Gadigal Country, Australia
Associate Experience Design Director
We are looking for a Product Design Leader to co-lead an exciting global account. Reporting into Experience Design Director, you will be focused on yielding the strategic design delivery of a SaaS likened multi-market website and app, design ops of the team and committed to building key client relationships in a cooperative and considerate approach. You are an experienced designer who can nurture and build teams to an outcome. You have a holistic and considerate view across the product lifecycle. This is a rare opportunity to work within an agency but predominately on one fast growing global retail account.
Would suit: Product designer at a Lead level who is looking to take a step up, or someone experienced looking to focus on a key ongoing account.You will collaborate with Product designers, Engineers and other cross functional teams to conceive and create innovative digital user experiences. You are passionate about user interface design and dedicated to building our reputation for work that is ground-breaking and impactful.
Located in Sydney, as part of AKQA you’ll work in an innovative and inclusive culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You’ll also have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we are committed to both your career growth and your work/life balance.
- Design a global product backlog with a mix of new features and feature optimisation
- Involved in building user story requirements though to delivery of development and ready user interface assets
- A portfolio showcasing experience on definition, creation and maintenance of design systems
- Exceptional visual, craft and human centred design skills
- Experience on envisioning and executing outstanding design solutions across websites and mobile apps
- Working knowledge of UX process and evidence-based design methodologies
- Strong experience with user flows and complex interactive prototypes at various levels of fidelity
- Confidently collaborate and present work to AKQA clients and teams
- Build strong relationships with internal/external account stakeholders
- Take ownership for the timely execution of all project deliverables
- Provide mentorship to more junior team members
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Be motivated and driven to deliver the best work of your career
- Strong and creative problem-solving capabilities
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Relentless attention to detail
- Proficiency in Figma, Adobe CS, Sketch, Invision and other prototyping tools
- Experience working on large scale enterprise projects and content management systems (or in large teams) is advantageous but not essential
- Ecommerce experience is advantageous but not essential
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Indigenous people are encouraged to apply for this role.