Associate Experience Design (XD) Director
Experience Designers at AKQA craft, concept, and deliver interfaces that make technology more natural and enjoyable to use. With expertise in design strategy, technology and brand, our design team of researchers, visual designers and user experience designers take a human-centred approach to create beautiful and meaningful brand experiences.
Our Associate Experience Design Directors approach every brief with fresh eyes, generating useful, usable and delightful ideas across existing and emerging platforms. They champion human-centred design processes and techniques across our work; demonstrating a strong sense of craft and deep expertise in UX and service design; assuming UX custodianship for clients; fearlessly telling clients things they may know, but are afraid to hear.
At AKQA Melbourne, you will work in a meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team, and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we are committed to your career growth, as well as to your work/life balance.
- Lead human-centred design projects end to end
- Act as an escalation point for the UX and Design teams across multiple projects/accounts
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary project teams to create innovative solutions
- Lead and inspire your team in partnership with local and regional AKQA leaders
- Facilitate client workshops that encourage participatory design processes
- Confidently present work to all levels of internal and client teams
- Direct mobile, responsive and systematic designs via an agile working methodology
- Lead formal experience design critique sessions and participate in daily stand-ups
- Ensure a collaborative ‘one team’ approach of client and agency
- Drive the vision and growth of the AKQA Experience Design discipline
- Foster a thriving team culture that helps us attract and retain the best staff
- Contribute to wide-ranging new business and company profile-building opportunities
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Extensive experience in experience design, information architecture, or interaction design.
- Strong experience in service design, preferably within the retail sector, across omnichannel and immersive/spatial experiences.
- Proficiency of the experience design discipline and all relevant methodologies eg. persona creation, consumer journey mapping, service blueprints, heuristic evaluation, ecosystems, competitive audits, stakeholder/user interview, card sorting, usability testing etc.
- A compelling portfolio of distinctive work that spans product/service design and storytelling.
- Strong leadership and mentorship experience
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.