Johannesburg, South Africa
Associate Media Director
The AKQA Performance Team’s purpose is to create a better future through the imaginative application of art and science. We work with our clients to understand their specific marketing objectives, whether these are brand awareness, consideration or conversion, and create and implement tailored media strategies that deliver real business results.
As part of the AKQA Performance Team, you will lead the media team and be responsible for the creation of media strategies, using a creative and analytical approach that identifies the best mix of channels, targets, and messages. You will be in charge of managing these campaigns across different digital platforms, including their set-up and optimisation against agreed KPIs, as well as providing regular campaign performance reports to clients.
You are an excellent communicator, able to manage client relationships effectively and provide commentary and advice on digital media campaigns when asked. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy a varied work day, working on a number of tasks from various clients throughout the day. You embrace change positively, and always display a solution-oriented attitude.
Contributing to AKQA’s founding values: innovation, service, quality and thought; you will be excited about being part of our success. You will thrive when faced with new challenges and will continuously strive to improve the way things are done for our clients.
- Oversee media planning and plan development and budget.
- Managing the process and procedure for client set up, billing and all administrative functions.
- Manage all digital marketing channels, including Google Ads, DV360 and Social.
- Track and monitor daily account activities and performance of campaigns.
- Make suggestions for future campaign activity using current performance to support ideas.
- Evaluating, identify and sizing media target based on client brief.
- Responsible for developing and executing strategy for the functional area.
- Evaluating composition of a wide range of media vehicles to determine which would most effectively reach the target audience.
- Presenting recommendations and reports to clients.
- Maintaining strong relationship with key clients.
- Following detailed instructions and using established procedures, completes work in a detailed and complete manner.
- Supervising, training and developing skills of Assistants and Supervisors by managing workload, delegating responsibilities and checking work for accuracy.
- Provide job performance feedback to subordinates and make recommendations to management
- Providing staffing recommendations and daily supervision to all accounts.
- Resource for others in resolution of complex problems/issues.
- Minimal supervision, relies on advanced experience/judgment.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Responsible for managing projects and resources for areas of specialization, both media specialization and client business specialization
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- 8+ years media planning experience
- 3+ years’ experience in a management capacity.
- Demonstrated interactive/digital experience required.
- Excellent leadership and mentoring skills.
- Strategic understanding of all disciplines of media.
- Self-motivated and keen to learn.
- Great time and project management skills.
- Can work under pressure and on simultaneous projects.
- Keen eye for detail and high-quality of work.
- Highly analytical and can interpret data providing insight to facilitate future decisions/ budgets.
- Desirable platform experience:
- Google Ads
- Google Ads Editor
- Facebook Business Manager
- LinkedIn Ads
- Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
- Google Search Console
- Google Datastudio
- Google Display & Video 360
- Google Campaign Manager
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.