San Francisco, United States
Associate Media Planner
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
From our location in San Francisco's SOMA district - the epicenter of the Bay Area's technology industry - AKQA offers our staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world's most vibrant and beautiful cities.
As Associate Media Planner, you will develop and maintain a strong knowledge of Clients’ business and apply media understanding accordingly to help deliver against the Clients’ needs/objectives. You will also work closely with the Media Supervisor in the development and communication of all media recommendations.
- Work closely with the Media Supervisor to determine workload, and receive grooming and mentorship opportunities
- Maintain strong relationships within the Media Community and negotiate the most competitive rates possible
- Utilize 3rd party research tools to develop target consumer profiles and identify strategic buying opportunities
- Assist in formulating, writing, and presenting campaign/media recommendations
- Investigate creative, innovative approaches to strategically reach the target consumer and provide regular POV/ media recommendations to Client
- Analyze competitive activity in the marketplace and translate learnings into actionable insights
- Manage all aspects of the media plan execution, including issuing insertion orders, tracking spec development and implementation, custom unit production, and billing reconciliation
- Work with Analytics team to monitor, analyze, and report on campaign results and make regular recommendation on how to optimize campaign performance
- Ensure a good working relationship with account and client teams to facilitate flawless execution of plans
- Remain abreast of the overall media marketplace and what opportunities are relevant to Clients
- Handle any Client requests – i.e. plan changes, budget changes, provide marketplace information
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Minimum internship experience in business, media, or related industry with an ability and hunger to learn in a fast-paced agency environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required
- Desire to produce strong rationale articulately and effectively
- Working knowledge of all planning/ad serving tools (Nielsen/comScore, DoubleClick DART, MediaVisor, etc.) is a plus, not a must
- In-depth knowledge of media planning best practices and processes
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail
- Track record of presenting to Clients on a regular basis
- Ability to manage multiple campaigns in a fast-paced environment
- Interest/experience with mobile, social, and emerging media is a plus
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.