Associate Product Design Director
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Experience Designers at AKQA live at the intersection of strategy, creativity and research to design meaningful, user-centric experiences that meet the needs of brands and their audiences. Combining empathy, communication skills and systems thinking they work collaboratively within multi-disciplinary teams to deliver innovative solutions for any space, channel or device.
As an Associate Product Design Director, you are a creative problem solver and are adept at identifying a path forward from ambiguity as well as the means to test your design hypothesis. You must be comfortable in leading product design and able to present, sell and deliver solutions to client & senior stakeholders. You will also be expected to guide, mentor and oversee other Experience and Product designers on the team, taking them under your wing to drive empowerment and progression throughout the AKQA team.
Working within an integrated team, you will have the opportunity to lead the UX on complex projects and large accounts, and take ownership of design systems which not only incorporate aesthetic look and feel, but also scale and growth. You will lead in regard to the approach, deliverables and future development of product designs – you will be responsible for all the output, whether it’s work they deliver themselves or work produced by other team members across disciplines. This includes a POV and a possible hand in the UI design. You play an essential role in developing the quality, capabilities and relevance of the team, as both a leader and a line manager.
Our Berlin studio collaborates with clients to create distinctive experiences. Whether we are developing a service, launching or redefining, we start with purpose and translate that into memorable projects.
Partnership is the basis of our practice; we understand the context and culture that our clients operate in and use creativity to solve challenges and deliver results. From strategy to art and copy to technology, our teams across a range of disciplines work with world-class organizations that want to shape the future.
- Brief interpretation - able to challenge a brief to ensure it reflects the business’ goals and overarching strategy
- Planning – help define and scope the correct tasks and deliverables for a project. Help resources and prioritise workstreams
- Process – understand, apply and advocate user-centred design techniques and processes, from project initiation through to on-going product evolution
- Research – Adept at planning and operationalizing design test methodologies , then report back insights and recommendations
- Understanding – Transform data into actionable insights that highlight design opportunities
- Design – Provide equal competency in both UI and UX design to produce innovative, impactful, award-winning experiences
- Software and tools –Skilled in using the latest design and prototyping tools.
- Client – Be able to collaborate, deliver impactful presentations and run workshops with the clients and various teams within AKQA.
- Collaboration – Collaborate with product teams across the organization to gather needs and requirements and work with development teams to bring the design system to life.
- Management – as a line manager, responsible for supporting and developing more junior members of the team with a working presence in the Berlin studio
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Extensive information architecture/user experience/usability experience
- Experience of working with standard IA and UCD tools and processes.
- An exceptional visual design aesthetic
- Excessive knowledge with large design systems.
- Experience working and leading product development with other disciplines (Visual Design, Data, Technology, etc).
- Experience of line management and team development.
- Solid understanding of innovative technologies.
- An eye for detail across a digital experience.
- Driven to iterate and improve a digital experience.
- Confidence to own communication with key stakeholders and clients.
- Expert in industry standard design tools – Sketch, Figma, Sketch, Flinto etc.
- Degree or equivalent work experience in a related field, such as Interaction Design, Product Design, Industrial Design, Graphic Design etc. is preferred
- Fearless, boundlessly creative and relentlessly attentive to detail.
AKQA is committed to developing wellbeing and supporting life choices for our team. We provide an extensive range of benefits. To find out more click here.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us knowApply