Associate Project Director
At AKQA, we use the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products, and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and content that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
In the heart of innovation, AKQA Sweden thrives. We are privileged to collaborate with a fantastic portfolio of clients, including Volvo Cars, Volvo Penta, H&M, Mojang, Ikea, and Zimmer Biomet. Each partnership is a unique journey, a shared pursuit of creating transformative ideas, products, and services that resonate with their distinct needs and aspirations.
Working with the Delivery team connects you with talented experts from various backgrounds and experiences, who are passionate about ensuring work is delivered to the highest quality, on time, and that clients receive the greatest possible value from their investment.
As an Associate Project Director in our Delivery team at AKQA Sweden, you will play a critical role in leading and overseeing large workstreams, ensuring the successful delivery of complex and impactful assignments. Working across four distinct areas our Associate Directors have expertise in at least one area while being comfortable in all others.
Production: Leading complex film shoots, large-scale asset production for campaigns, or production of OOH assets at scale.
Projects: Leading international marketing campaigns in multiple markets, delivering digital and physical experiences.
Product: Leading complex design/technology-driven products, such as website re-platforming, App development for new revenue streams, or other large-scale product management.
Innovation: Implementing cutting-edge technologies and experimenting to find effective market fit.
- Provide mentoring and support to multiple project teams, ensuring the delivery of incredible customer experiences, including (but not limited to) websites, e-commerce, mobile apps, emerging technologies, films, products, or events.
- Oversee the successful setup, structure, and end-to-end delivery of multiple engagements involving technical, brand, marketing stakeholders, or environmental complexities rollout plans in multiple countries, physical construction, or fixed deadlines.
- Establish strong relationships with senior clients, partners, and multiple suppliers, ensuring the best outcomes for both clients and AKQA.
- Lead on cross-department collaboration, knowledge sharing, and mentorship to promote a cohesive and high-performing work environment.
- Iterate and teach tailored delivery approaches based on methodology or client need, ensuring alignment with business objectives and stakeholder expectations.
- Collaborate with internal teams and clients to define and agree on the Scope of Work, ensuring engagements are clear, unambiguous, and effectively delivered.
- Lead on client discussions regarding project realities, addressing open issues promptly and decisively.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Significant experience in managing diverse service delivery functions in a fast-paced environment, implementing innovative, interactive, and consumer-focused solutions.
- Leads client sessions, resolving challenging discussions with senior client stakeholders, and building long-term relationships.
- Expert understanding of both waterfall and agile methodologies and when to use them.
- Experience line managing at least one team member.
- Ability to define functional and technical requirements or User Stories and articulate the value to clients.
- Ability to effectively communicate with new clients about appropriate ways of working to reach their business objectives.
- Experience owning commercial/financial decisions.
- Commitment to delivering the highest quality of production.
- Strong customer service ethos.
- Self-motivation with the ability to inspire and lead project teams to fulfil a vision.
- Dedication to continuous improvement of AKQA delivery practices, processes, and procedures.
- Certification in Scrum, Lean, or other delivery methodologies is a benefit, but not a requirement.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply