London, United Kingdom
Associate Project Manager
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
As an AKQA Associate Project Manager, you will be responsible for the support and management of multiple end-to-end, full life-cycle client projects. Your key responsibilities will include running key project operations (scheduling, budgeting, project definition), and ensuring the right environment is developed for collaboration, innovation and outcome delivery. This is a client-facing role requiring effective communication and management across all internal disciplines.
Contributing to AKQA’s founding values: Innovation, Service, Quality and Thought; you will be excited about being part of our success. You will thrive when faced with new challenges and will constantly strive to improve the way things are done for our clients.
- Successfully deliver projects with high quality project deliverables; on-time and on-budget.
- Ensure all projects adhere to the required project hygiene processes.
- Effectively plan and manage resource requirements through project execution.
- Set up, structure and deliver a diverse range of projects, appropriately scaled to experience and in a support capacity where appropriate – platform development support, campaign delivery, website development, experiential projects, product development/support.
- Work with leads to accurately compile an estimate for an agreed scope of work. Structure an estimate according to the most appropriate model (e.g. fixed price, capped time and materials, by project phase) and effectively communicate to clients.
- Ensure the quality and peer review of all documentation and deliverables within the project.
- Ensure compliance levels and accurate capture of project effort by your team.
- Plan, lead and facilitate meetings successfully, ensuring objectives are met and documented as required.
- Successfully manage project stakeholders alongside client services, to ensure the best outcome for both clients and AKQA. Keep stakeholders informed of project progress at all times and manage expectations proactively. Deliver high scoring client satisfaction.
- Elicit and document clear, aligned requirements both internally and from clients at both the onset of project engagement and throughout execution.
- For an agreed, fixed scope of work, ensure projects are delivered within agreed scope and raise change requests or internal investment requests appropriately.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Project management experience delivering projects within either an agency or consulting environment; with the ability to work with a high degree of flexibility and fluidity.
- Strong interpersonal and people skills, with the ability to motivate, inspire and work alongside a variety of people and disciplines.
- Strong listening skills and asks open-ended questions to ensure full understanding.
- Excellent customer service ethos: committed to quality and the will to constantly drive improvements.
- Committed to high standards of excellence and integrity, and excellent attention to detail.
- Curiosity and strong interest in project delivery, methodologies and problem solving with dynamic teams across a range of disciplines, mediums and service models.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.