Washington DC, United States
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Strategists at AKQA are curious thinkers who investigate, understand, simplify and inspire to create a better future.
They see beyond the immediate problem or question at hand, digging deeper to find patterns and insights in the chaos, and are comfortable with the nebulous. In this role, the Associate Strategist will support ongoing experience strategy and design work across our client’s digital product and service projects. As such, they will partner closely with the strategy leads on the work, as well as cross-disciplinary teams, to represent audience understanding and needs through the experience design process. Day-to-day, this could look developing a discussion guide for a stakeholder interview; conducting secondary research or analyzing behavioral data to better understand our audience; completing a landscape review around a specific feature or offering; partnering closely with other strategists and experience leads to inform a service design approach through a journey or service blueprint. Across all activities, they will work closely with the full team to formulate and deliver smart, tailored, evidence-based and action-oriented perspectives and frameworks that can serve our clients’ needs.
Based on the Georgetown Waterfront, our Washington DC studio creates breakthrough products and services for a diverse range of clients.
We are proud of our industry defying retention rate, with both employees and clients alike. Over 20% of our employees have been with us for ten or more years. Our collaborative teams work across strategy, creative, analytics, and technology.
- Understand how consumer expectations and behaviors intersect with business and brand priorities
- Demonstrate curiosity and eagerness to investigate across a wide variety of topics: evolving consumer behaviors, emerging technologies, or vertical-specific landscapes to name a few
- Consume large quantities of research and data – behavioral, consumer, industry and academic – to inform strategic perspectives
- Provide strategic rationale in support of recommendations, capturing strengths and weaknesses across a range of approaches
- Draft narratives for strategic approaches, briefs, or other outputs for both internal and external audiences.
- Generate original perspectives and ideas on your own, as well as ideating and partnering collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team
- Communicate in a clear, persuasive, and inspiring way, whether written or spoken
- Deliver responsibly on-time and with an attention to professionalism and detail
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- You are a critical thinker and problem solver above all else
- You have a love of challenges and a drive to inspire new ways of thinking
- You are undaunted by the unknown – in fact, it makes you curious to dig deeper
- You ask questions and raise any concerns sooner rather than later
- You have a demonstrated ability to understand complex topics, and communicate in ways that simplify them for others
- You have an affinity for the end user or consumer, whomever that may be
- You have strong organizational skills and an extreme attention to detail
- You are passionate about crafting brand experiences that make the world a better place
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply