San Francisco, United States
Associate Strategy Director
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design brand and customer experiences that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
From our location in San Francisco's SOMA district—the epicenter of the Bay Area's technology industry—AKQA offers our staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world's most vibrant and beautiful cities.
As an Associate Strategy Director, you'll understand how communications and culture, technology and psychology, intersect in the mind of the consumer. You will frame problems in unexpected ways and be relied upon for clarity, leadership, and perspective by the internal team and clients. Serving as strategic lead on global accounts, you will use both qualitative and quantitative research to answer questions, prove or disprove hypotheses, and mine insights.
- Act as strategic lead on digital and social media projects
- Collaborate across teams, departments and agencies to encourage the best work and output
- Work with and mentor junior strategists & guide their deliverables and development
- Provide information and perspective on the work's effectiveness
- Share knowledge and expertise on the target audience and trends within digital and social media with the internal team and client
- Use creative storytelling to bring to life the target audience
- Proactively author white papers and POVs
- Share trend information, with implications
- Able to create strong creative briefs that inspire great work
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- 8 + yrs of strategy experience
- A mix of branding agency, design studio, consulting and/or client side digital marketing experience
- Communication and brand planning background
- Experience leading go to market strategies
- Experience with human-centered design and design thinking research methodologies
- Ability to champion abstract ideas
- Previous work with ethnography, customer journey maps, and user experience research
- Ability to create consumer profiles (research, mindsets)
- An understanding of programmatic media, able to advise on media channels and developing engagement strategies
- Experience working closely with creative teams to create world-class campaigns and creative executions, (e.g. Execution specific creative briefs)
- Have previously developed cross-channel marketing plans
- Experience developing / exposure to digital product/service strategy
- A true passion and deep knowledge of emerging trends, pop culture, new technology, fashion, fitness, and/or video games
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.