Washington D.C., United States
Associate Strategy Director
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Located on the Georgetown Waterfront in Washington, D.C., as part of AKQA you will have access to world-renowned thought leadership from influential authors, athletes, artists and entrepreneurs.
Strategists at AKQA are curious thinkers who want to investigate, understand and organize to create a better future. They see beyond the immediate problem or question at hand, find patterns and opportunities in the chaos, and are comfortable with the nebulous. In this role, the Associate Strategy Director will work closely with the client, account leadership and an integrated project team to lead strategic vision for our work: becoming an expert in our clients’ business, consumer and cultural context; formulating and delivering tailored, evidence-based insights; and defining action-oriented perspectives to inspire internal and external stakeholders to build better brand experiences.
- Understand how business, brands and customers interact, with a deep knowledge of the role that technology plays in this relationship.
- Be eager to generate insights and ideas, but equally excited to roll up your sleeves to move the work forward, alone or with others.
- Provide strategic direction across initiatives, identifying the key challenge / opportunity, audience, value proposition or messaging, and the best means to communicate or demonstrate this.
- Translate strategic recommendations into actionable content and / or function ideas to unlock creative and technical teams as you work together to craft innovative solutions.
- Review ideas for their distinctiveness, relevance and effectiveness, and work collaboratively to refine and improve the ideas as a team.
- Clear and persuasive communication of strategic recommendations to internal and external teams, across a variable level of understanding.
- Management and analysis of quantitative and qualitative research.
- Take responsibility for on-time deliverables and expertly crafted strategic perspectives.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- A love of challenges and a drive to inspire new ways of thinking
- Voracious absorber of information, especially shifts in consumer expectations and behavior
- Strong communication skills and the ability to partner comfortably with senior clients
- A keen eye for details and organizational rigor in approach to and delivery of work
- A proven track record of experience in idea generation and refinement, with the results and impact to back it up
- Familiarity with the application and analysis of a wide range of qualitative and quantitative research techniques, as well as comfortability establishing KPI’s and developing supporting measurement plans
- Experience working closely with user experience, creative and technology teams to imagine, design and build enduring brand experiences.
- Demonstrated ability to manage people and/or workstreams
- Comfortable juggling multiple priorities and projects at any one time
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.