Associate Strategy Director
Strategists at AKQA make our client’s business their business. Working with client service, UX, creative, and tech teams, they are the voice of both the client’s business and the consumer.
Drawn from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines, our strategists develop and apply market insights, data and trends to communicate and drive innovation opportunities.
We are currently seeking a Senior Strategist/Associate Strategy Director (level dependent on experience) with an area of specialisation in digital products and services strategy. The ideal candidate will also be able to comfortably work in one or more other areas of strategy: communications, creative, content, business, and/or experience.
Located in Berlin, Germany, as part of the AKQA team, you will work in an environment that fosters a dynamic and meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
You will report to the Strategy Director, and collaborate on leading the strategy team.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand the client’s audiences, objectives, and priorities, and lead the definition of solutions to meet these needs
- Provide strategic direction on product, experience, and/or communications initiatives, identifying the key value proposition, consumer needs, and value to the business
- Identify key opportunities to drive client value and collaborate with clients to bring them to life
- Ability to conduct both primary and secondary research, and adjust approach depending on resources
- Be proactive, provoke debate, and identify what the agenda for future discussion should be
- Plan and lead client workshops and research sessions
- Craft compelling narratives in presentations and to sell your work to clients
- Own large streams of strategic work and work autonomously
- Own your area of strategy and become the go-to person in the agency for that work
- Earn the trust of clients and build strong relationships with them
- Help lead our talented junior and midweight strategists, including line management responsibilities where possible, taking charge of major projects
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- 7+ years of experience in a relevant role
- You have an insatiable curiosity and are able to observe and identify patterns, trends and insights
- You are a lateral and creative thinker with the ability to make complex topics simple
- You have significant experience product & services strategy — and it’s even better if you can also comfortably stretch to one or more other areas of strategy
- You are passionate about collaboration, open-minded, and experienced in working with people from diverse cultures
- You understand the big picture and have a sharp attention to detail, while always striving for best-in-class work
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, with the ability to inspire and persuade
- German language skills are not essential, but extremely helpful
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.