Johannesburg, South Africa
Associate Strategy Director
Strategists at AKQA make our client’s business their business. Working with account teams and creative & media implementation teams, they are the voice of both the client and the consumer.
Drawn from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines, our Strategists develop and apply market insights, data and trends to communicate and drive innovation and unlock opportunities.
We are currently seeking an Associate Strategy Director to play a part in leading our talented and integrated team.
Located in Johannesburg, South Africa, as part of the AKQA performance and business consulting, you will work in an environment that fosters a dynamic and meritocratic culture, and service clients across the globe.
You will report to the Strategy Director, and collaborate on leading the team.
- Lead large client projects and relationships across Europe and the UK – with a focus on media, digital maturity enablement, business modelling & audience strategy.
- Be the custodian of client priorities and business objectives, leading solutions that enable stakeholder engagements beyond the marketing department.
- Bring a commercial mindset to all internal and client engagement fostering a culture of delivering business impact.
- Be proactive, provoke debate, and help our clients drive digital maturity within their organisations.
- Be the voice of reason for jobs that require multi-studio collaboration, guiding cross discipline teams towards delivering clear & robust outcomes.
- Lead and mentor our talented junior / mid-weight strategists, taking charge of major projects from brief to final delivery.
- Further develop AKQA’s methodologies and contribute to internal thought leadership.
QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE
- 8+ years of experience in a lead strategic role.
- Strong numerical and commercial skillset with experience in business modelling, financial forecasting, basic data analysis, media planning etc.
- Need to be resourceful.
- Ability to simplify complex topics and challenges.
- Passionate about collaboration, open-minded, and experienced in working with people from diverse cultures.
- You have a sharp attention to detail and a drive for perfection.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply