San Francisco, United States
Associate Strategy Director/Senior Researcher
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
From our location in San Francisco's SOMA district—the epicenter of the Bay Area's technology industry—AKQA offers our staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world's most vibrant and beautiful cities.
As an Associate Strategy Director/Senior Researcher at AKQA, you will be counted on to frame problems in unexpected ways and be relied upon for clarity, leadership, and perspective by the internal team and clients. You understand how communications and culture, technology and psychology, intersect in the mind of the consumer. You are innately curious about the world, have a passion for data, follow trends, can see around corners, and are an expert at connecting insights to human behavior. Additionally, you are comfortable conducting interviews, running ethnographic studies, have experience with both qualitative and quantitative research, can analyze data, identify patterns and know how to bring everything together to create a compelling story.
- Experience presenting well thought through recommendations and responses to client briefs
- Great client interaction skills that lead to organic business growth and development
- Fluent in a range of qualitative consumer research methods (especially ethnography, co-creation, IDIs, focus groups, online communities)
- Ability to design and execute custom quantitative research (especially segmentation, A&U studies & brand audits)
- Experience with user research methods (personas, customer journeys, UX, usability) and working with UX specialists is a strong plus
- A master of storytelling with the ability to generate insights that inspire great creative thinking
- Drawn to and thrive in a collaborative environment with a team of diverse backgrounds and expertise
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Ambitious, innately curious, and able to think around corners
- Highly attuned to trends, intrigued by popular culture, able to observe and recognize patterns
- Passionate about connecting the dots, using data to uncover hidden insights, and studying human behavior to identify opportunities
- Collaborative, open-minded, and experienced in working with people from diverse cultures
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence and inspire people
- A proven track record of generating “customer insight” and detailed recommendations on the basis of research findings
- A background in the design, development, and improvement of digital services, products, and solutions
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with senior clients are essential
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and techniques
- A proven history facilitating workshops, analyzing findings, connecting the dots, identifying challenges and illuminating opportunities
- Previous employment, working on staff in a communications or design agency is a plus
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.