Associate UI Designer
Creatives at AKQA apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insight to create and bring to life beautiful ideas that move the world. Skilled storytellers and conceptors, they work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop labours of love that delight customers and deliver results for clients.
Associate UI Designers influence changes in consumer behaviour through ideas, creativity and the use of interactive media. Associate UI Designers make a difference to digital communications, marketing, advertising and inspire the best global brands. They have exceptional design and production skills to deliver digital layouts and assets for projects in partnership with the Client, Technology and Creative teams.
Located in Berlin, Germany, as part of the AKQA team, you will work in an environment that fosters a dynamic and meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
- Deliver: You use design and production skills to deliver digital assets for projects in partnership with the Client, Technology and Creative teams on time.
- Creative briefs: Listens to and responds to a brief, understanding where/if there are gaps. Knows what questions to ask during briefing session in order to act upon it, understands how to respond to a brief.
- Idea generation: Plays an active role in brainstorming or idea generation with senior members of Creative team to conceptualise world-class, innovative ideas that deliver successful solutions. Communicates ideas and thoughts clearly.
- Creative craft skills: Demonstrates competent execution of innovative and effective digital communications, interface design and interaction design across different digital platforms.
- Support: Supports Designers by implementing primary design direction and incorporating the best design and technology practices to provide cohesive support of overall creative strategies.
- Proactively researches and pursues ideas for professional development. Seeks out creative mentorship when required.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- A beautifully crafted portfolio.
- Experience in digital design.
- A course/degree in Design, Interaction Design, Visual Studies or other design-related field is preferred but not required.
- Demonstrates competent design aesthetic, variations on styles, and awareness of design trends and innovation.
- Experience working with the latest versions of the Design software (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sketch), Interactive prototyping tools.
- Ability to design and execute in Keynote and PowerPoint for internal and external presentations.
- Solid typography skills.
- Understanding of the technical possibilities and limitations of web development.
- Organisational skills and extreme attention to detail.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.