Milan, Italy & Venice, Italy
Associate UI Designer
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and experiences that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
UI Designers at AKQA apply artistry, craftsmanship and thought to create digital experiences, products and services that move the world. Skilled visual storytellers, they work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop work that is distinctive, effective and truly remarkable.
Combining visual panache with a taste for emerging technology, our Designers are endlessly curious, push against the boundaries of the brief, and help to build some of the world’s most innovative brands.
Based either in our Milan or Venice offices, you will join a disciplined cross-functional team focused on delivering outstanding outcomes while having fun and learning from each other. Since your health is our first priority, we are currently working and holding the majority of interview processes remotely. Once the emergency is over, we are planning to roll out a remote working policy we will be happy to discuss with you during the hiring process.
- Assist the creative lead in the vision for and delivery of award-winning work for the client, influencing change through ideas, creativity and the use of interactive media.
- Support senior team members in the ideation, creation and delivery of digital content and social assets.
- Plays an active role in brainstorming or idea generation with senior members of the Design and Creative teams. Communicates ideas and thoughts clearly.
- Maintain and evolve a design system, ensuring a consistent visual language across digital touchpoints that stays ahead of industry trends and elevates the client’s brand.
- Contribute to UX thinking, iterating to improve and enhance the client’s global platform.
- Consistently deliver a number of successful solutions and high-quality work to clients on time.
- High level internal and external client and team satisfaction.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Learn new skills and stay abreast of technical and digital design developments and successfully apply these to work practices to help improve processes and procedures.
- Participate and challenge in a number of pitches and proposals.
- Execute world-class innovative and effective digital communications, interface design and interaction design experiences across all digital platforms.
- Responsible for asset management, collation and archiving.
- Comfortable presenting ideas and creative to clients and peers.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- 1-3 years experience working as a Designer, including web and UI design experience.
- Experience working in a creative/agency environment is preferred
- Familiarity with Figma/Sketch, Creative Cloud complimented with traditional print applications.
- Experience working with Abstract, Principle is a plus
- A degree in Design, Interaction Design, Visual Studies or other design-related field is preferred.
- A strong grasp and understanding of brands and their visual impact on culture.
- Creating or redesigning or refreshing a distinct identity for a product or service or company.
- Ability and experience to produce designs across a variety of formats, platforms and environments including logos, visual identities, apps and websites, out of home media, social media, physical environments and more.
- Expertise of branding, brand strategy and understanding design in a way that it can be relayed effectively through all components of a brand.
- Creation of presentations to share conceptual thinking and proposals.
- Good understanding of digital Design Systems, design processes and front-end implementation, and of the technical possibilities and limitations of web development
- Good organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Good grasp of design fundamentals including: typography, illustration and animation.
- Able to interact with professional proficiency in both Italian and English.
Please include your portfolio link and examples of your work in your application.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply