Associate User Experience Director
Experience Designers at AKQA apply empathy, systems thinking, and craftsmanship to strategic insights — designing groundbreaking solutions to human problems. Adept storytellers and fearless innovators, they create interactive experiences, products and services that move the world.
The Associate UX Director plays an essential role in the development of the Experience Design department, and the streamlining of experience design processes as well as elevating Experience Design into a strategic as well as an executional discipline. You’ll be the user-centered glue that binds together (business) strategy, creative, and technology into a harmonious collaboration—facilitating design workshops, working with multi-disciplinary teams to deliver award-winning, impactful work.
Located in the Mitte area of Berlin, you will work in a meritocratic and entrepeneurial culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
- Facilitate collaborative design processes, oversee quality of the UX team’s creative output across multiple projects, interface with other departments, present work to clients, and provide mentorship to continually push the agency's UX discipline to new levels.
- Ground thinking in solid behavioral insights, and probe at assumptions to get to the meat of the real human issues underlying a business need. Develop insights and guide ethnographic research.
- Create emotionally-compelling experiences that defy straightforward categorization and push the boundaries of conventional interfaces.
- Test & Iterate. Rapidly prototype and test macro and micro interactions. Quickly demonstrate the creative soul of an experience and then work to improve it based on real user input.
- Sweat every pixel as you push for sophisticated work that is both beautiful and functional. Partner with (business) strategists, technologists and designers to bring award-winning ideas to life.
- Work in close partnership with the AKQA Berlin Managing Director and client service leads to open up Experience Design opportunities with new and existing clients.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- A compelling portfolio of unique work that spans mediums, including: mobile applications, responsive web, product & service design. Experience with voice, AR/VR or IoT/hardware are a plus.
- Expertise with prototyping tools such as Invision, Axure, Flinto, and Framer; along with design tools such as Sketch and Adobe CC.
- Highly influential with clients (both existing and in a new business context) but still hands-on.
- Expert cross-functional collaboration.
- Experience with ethnographic research, ecosystem design, persona development, information architecture, and user testing.
- Experience with innovation processes including Design Thinking workshops, Google Design Sprints, Business Model and/or Value Proposition canvas.
- Ability to lead workshops and manage (senior) stakeholders.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.