London, United Kingdom
Associate User Experience Director
As a member of AKQA’s User Experience Department you will be passionate about user experience, and at the forefront of new thinking and techniques. Responsible for the development of innovative customer experiences across a wide variety of channels and devices, you will lead and manage all user experience activities across a client group.
In addition to client responsibilities and working closely with other User Experience Directors and Senior User Experience Architects, the Associate User Experience Director will help support, grow and manage AKQA’s User Experience team.
- Develop award-winning experiences working with AKQA Creative, Planning and Technology teams.
- Apply solid user experience and usability principles while looking for opportunities to innovate.
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of all aspects of the UCD approach and the ability to apply them flexibly across a variety of project types.
- Able to use/introduce more advanced UCD techniques (rapid prototyping, remote testing, etc.) to improve efficiency in the user experience process and the quality of the solution.
- Awareness of Service Design techniques and how these can be applied to digital user experience.
- Able to contribute at a high level to overall strategic client approach, taking into account relevant marketplace, consumer and technology factors.
- Able to develop UX solutions for multiple locales while considering cultural sensitivities, componentization of solutions for market rollout and language and script requirements.
- Able to develop UX solutions for a wide variety of platforms and devices including mobile, web, kiosk, TV, etc.
- Provide feedback to and consultation with Client Services, Creative, Technology, and Project Management teams throughout the project.
QUALIFIFCATIONS AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Manage multiple, inter-dependent UX workstreams on large-scale and complex projects.
- Planning large-scale projects; identifying activities that need to be carried out, plus the efforts required to complete them, in a thoroughly structured way for large-scale and complex projects with multiple workstreams.
- Able to assess a broad range of tasks and determine which should be managed personally, and which should be passed to junior team members, ensuring delivery is to highest standards at all times.
- Promote collaborative work practices and identify opportunities to improve quality and increase efficiency through collaborative design.
- Responsible for all UX scoping and overseeing for selected programmes in the group and other projects as necessary.
- Foster a relationship of trust with Client Services and Business Development by offering relevant advice.
- Extensive information architecture / content strategy / user experience / usability experience for blue-chip clients.
- Experience of line management and team development.
- Experience of working with standard IA and UCD tools and processes.
- Solid understanding of internet technologies.
- Experience of content management systems and e-commerce.
- Experience of cross-platform design.
- Knowledge of designing for social is highly beneficial.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.