Associate User Experience Director
Experience Designers at AKQA apply empathy, systems thinking, and craftsmanship to strategic insights — designing groundbreaking solutions to human problems. Adept storytellers and fearless innovators, they create interactive experiences, products and services that move the world.
Our Associate User Experience Directors are endlessly curious, and obsessed with consumer behaviour and psychology. They demonstrate leadership across client projects, whether that is mapping and optimising an omnichannel ecosystem, or shaping a completely new user experience for a disruptive digital service.
Located in Berlin, Germany, as part of the AKQA team, you will work in an environment that fosters a dynamic and meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
- A minimum seven years’ experience designing stand-out digital products/services from strategy to concept to delivery
- A compelling portfolio of outstanding work across different platforms that has created a real-world impact
- Demonstrated ability to lead senior business stakeholders to understand UX strategy and making UX decisions that strengthen their business
- Has defined, facilitated, and overseen UX processes across different streams of work, from research and workshops to handover and user stories
- Mastery with wireframing and prototyping software such as Sketch, Figma and Invision
- Experienced working alongside developers in complex, integration-heavy ecosystems, ideally in Agile processes
- Deep expertise in scoping and executing CX deliverables (user research, personas, user journeys, ecosystem maps, wireframes, service blueprints)
- Retail, eCommerce and mCommerce experience is highly desirable, automotive experience is a plus
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Exceptional visual, verbal and written communication skills
- Able to develop simple and elegant design solutions to complex design problems
- Experience in guiding and mentoring other UX practitioners on your team, even if they are outside of your direct area of expertise.
- Expertise in cross-functional collaboration with broad cultural reference points
- Curious, passionate and boundlessly creative in expressing a unique brand proposition through UX, with relentless attention to detail
- Up to date with new techniques and trends in UX, tech, and business
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply