London, United Kingdom
Associate User Experience Director
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Experience Designers at AKQA live at the intersection of strategy, creativity and research to design meaningful, user-centric experiences that meet the needs of brands and their audiences. Combining empathy, communication skills and systems thinking they work collaboratively within multi-disciplinary teams to deliver innovative solutions for any space, channel or device.
Associate UX Directors lead the UX on complex projects and large accounts – responsible for all the UX output, whether it’s work they deliver themselves or work produced by other team members. They help to drive account strategy, identify new opportunities and deliver innovative, impactful solutions that deliver for both the user and the client. They also play an essential role in developing the quality, capabilities and relevance of the UX team, as both a leader and a line manager.
Located next to good transport links in the heart of Clerkenwell, at AKQA you will have access to world-renowned thought leadership from influential authors, athletes, artists and entrepreneurs. A working environment which fosters a meritocratic culture and encourages ownership, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their field.
- Brief interpretation - able to challenge a brief to ensure it reflects the business’ goals and overarching strategy
- Planning – help define and scope the correct tasks and deliverables for a project. Help resource and prioritise workstreams. Find new opportunities to add value and develop the client relationship
- Process – understand, apply and advocate user-centred design techniques and processes, from project initiation through to on-going product evolution
- Understanding – define the type of research, data and insight required and know how to interpret and apply to a project
- Research – know how to plan, set up, and run user testing and research, then report back insights and recommendations
- Design – create and collaborate to produce innovative, impactful, award-winning experiences
- Software and tools – knowledge of the best tools and processes needed to produce the best work
- Client – create and deliver impactful client presentations that help build strong client relationships
- Management - a line manager, responsible for supporting and developing more junior members of the team
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Portfolio of influential, innovative and meaningful work, across multiple platforms and industries
- Experience using UCD and service design processes and techniques
- Experience planning and managing multiple, inter-dependent workstreams on large-scale and complex projects
- Know how to effectively delegate work while ensuring overall efficiency and quality
- Experience contributing to the overarching strategy and direction of an account
- Able to form close relationships with clients based on trust and respect
- Experience building and leading design teams
- Experience with line management and team development
- Experience defining design systems and solving for multiple platforms
- Collaborative and pragmatic approach to work
- A natural problem solver – asking the right questions to get to the answer
- Able to plan and run workshops, co-creation sessions etc.
- An eye for detail and strong design skills
- Understanding of good usability and accessibility practices
- Able to deliver work to the highest possible standards at all times - on time and within budget
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment – demonstrating flexibility, adaptability and leadership skills
- Be responsible for your ongoing learning, research and self-improvement
- Great understanding of different digital platforms, technologies and content management systems
- Expert in industry standard design tools – Sketch, Figma, Flinto etc.
- Degree or equivalent work experience in a related field, such as Interaction Design, Product Design, Industrial Design, Graphic Design etc. is preferred
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply