Associate UX Director
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
The Associate User Experience Director at AKQA helps the Creative Director lead and mentor a team of UX designers and shapes their skills and careers. It’s their responsibility to drive user-centered-design processes in partnership with the strategy, creative and technology teams. They also own and oversee their allocated UX work across the office. As an invaluable partner to the client, they help to fulfill their business goals by creating the best possible customer experience.
- Partnering the client. Provides the user experience consultancy and business strategy insights to clients as a fully accepted partner.
- Direct. Drives the effort to implement solutions across at least 2 projects and oversees planning, concept development, and design.
- Creative craft skills. Works in a hands-on capacity internally and with the client in helping to develop strategy and vision, conceptual models, personas, scenarios, wireframes, and UI documentation.
- Idea generation. Develops and helps to evolve the user experience capabilities and approach, including user experience tools, processes, best practices, and key deliverables.
- Leadership. Helps to lead the practice of user experience at AKQA, including building the User Experience team. Attracts and recruits exceptional talent. Represents AKQA externally through various conferences, and speaking and writing engagements.
- Mentoring. Manages other User Experience Designers in their professional development, fostering innovation within the User Experience team.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- A compelling portfolio of distinctive work that spans product/service design and storytelling.
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in user experience, information architecture, or interaction design.
- Proficiency of the user experience discipline and all relevant methodologies such as persona creation, consumer journey mapping, service blueprints, heuristic evaluation, ecosystems, competitive audits, stakeholder/user interviews, card sorting, usability testing etc.
- Mastery with wireframing software such as Sketch, Adobe’s Experience Designer and Illustrator
- Mastery with prototyping software such as Axure, Invision or Framer
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.