New York, United States
Associate UX Director
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
An Associate UX Director at AKQA works alongside Creative Directors to lead and mentor a team of UX designers to shapes their skills and careers. It’s their responsibility to define and adjust the overarching UX strategy, vision, and principles across different ecosystems and for individual users, products and experiences. They own and oversee different allocated UX work across the office. As an invaluable partner to the client, they help to fulfill their business goals by creating the best possible customer experience.
- Understanding, communicating, defining, acquiring, validating and updating the user types, needs, mindsets, journeys, motivations.
- Establishing and maintaining the program team’s knowledge and authority for all user types across all products and experiences in the digital ecosystem.
- Collaborating with designers in the conception and defining of individual products and experiences, flows through wireframes, and prototypes.
- In collaboration with the Project Management team, work to understand, communicate, validate, and update business requirements that will impact the user experience across the ecosystem, including facilitating workshops.
- In collaboration with the Tech team, work to understand, communicate, validate and update the technological constraints and opportunities that will impact the user experience across the ecosystem.
- Establishing processes for how we gather requirements, engage, workshop, concept, validate, present, research, iterate, prototype, and test with senior stakeholders through end users and patients.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- A compelling portfolio of distinctive work that spans product/service design and storytelling.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in user experience, information architecture, or interaction design.
- Proficiency of the user experience discipline and all relevant methodologies such as persona creation, consumer journey mapping, service blueprints, heuristic evaluation, ecosystems, competitive audits, stakeholder/user interviews, card sorting, usability testing etc.
- Mastery with wireframing software such as Sketch, Adobe’s Experience Designer and Illustrator
- Mastery with prototyping software such as Axure, Invision or Framer
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.