Portland, United States
Associate UX Director
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering meaningful value for our clients.
The Associate UX Director is equal parts strategist and design leader, responsible for understanding the intersection of the customer and business needs across touchpoints and connecting them to strategic solutions. Responsible for the development of innovative customer experiences across a wide variety of channels and devices, they lead user experience activities on key projects and initiatives and work with clients to envision the solutions we craft. The Associate UX Director collaborates with multi-disciplinary teams to create innovate experiences for clients.
From our location in Portland’s Pearl district, AKQA offers the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of America’s most vibrant and beautiful cities.
Recognized for outstanding work by Cannes, Apple and the Clio Awards, we deliver on our clients’ most challenging briefs. This includes the future of retail, global entertainment launches and piloting digital products and services that reshape customer experiences.
- Adept at defining discovery and immersion research approaches to identify meaningful insights and opportunities to deliver value
- Capable of defining B2B and B2C consumers, processes, and ideas from an objective point of view based on research and insights, and can effectively communicate this point of view with executives and business leaders on both the agency and client sides
- Expert understanding and demonstration of user-centered design principles. Adept at understanding the project needs and identifying the appropriate approach and methodology to achieve the desired outcomes
- The ability to lead the design of large and complex systems of interactions
- Able to utilize state-of-the-art techniques and contribute to thought leadership activities
- Collaborates with cross-capability teams to develop streamlined UX processes
- Proactively pursues opportunities to improve the strategy to better address client and user objectives
- Continually innovates and improves on the agency processes and deliverables to set new standards
- Demonstrates the ability to lead a team of user experience designers working on multiple projects and assumes responsibility for all documentation produced by the User Experience team
- Experience with user testing methodologies through development of test approaches and test plans, knowledge of various user testing tools and platforms, and ability to analyze impact of test results on the experience
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in user experience, information architecture, or interaction design
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- You have a compelling portfolio of distinctive work showing both product and service strategy and design
- Able to develop simple and elegant design solutions to complex design problems
- You are research-driven, with a test-and-learn approach in your DNA
- You have exceptional written and oral communication skills
- You have expertise in cross-functional collaboration
- You foster progressive and limitless thinking
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply