Technology professionals at AKQA bring a software engineering mindset to the heart of a creative business. They design, code and engineer the software that creates the products and services that transform our clients’ businesses. Part of a global network of over 500 technologists, Backend Developers work in conjunction with Frontend Developers, Creative Technologists, DevOps and focus on delivering the backend/Cloud services and systems integrations.
As a Backend Developer at AKQA, you will be responsible for designing, developing, deploying and maintaining innovative solutions using the latest tools and technologies. You are a real engineer, able to build high-quality software that meets AKQA standards of performance and reliability. You collaborate with the team to set up the design and development process to guarantee the achievement of defined KPIs.
Referring to our studio near Venice, you will be able to work remotely across the full agency project lifecycle, combining technical consulting and delivery through our engineering practice. You will enjoy going to work from time to time in a workplace immersed in nature and be part of close-knit, multi-disciplinary team who love to work well and have fun.
- You are able to design applications with great care of all the aspects related to security in compliance with OWASP rules.
- You have an excellent knowledge of LAMP stack and related framework (PHP, Drupal8, Symfony4, Laravel5).
- You are committed and experienced in the design of clear and maintainable APIs.
- You have an excellent knowledge of deploy processes.
- You have experience in developing located applications (i18n & i10n) and in PHP language.
- You have experience in the definition and writing of unitary test and testable code (Test-Driven Development).
- You are able to interact effectively at professional level in both Italian and English.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- You are a real engineer. Building software is your mission.
- You are passionate about technology and thrilled with the opportunity of actively contributing to the development of the technological culture of AKQA.
- You are able to understand clients’ business goals and needs and demonstrate unwavering accountability during the analysis, development and delivery phases of the project.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.